A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What is the best FREE image editing software?

What is the best FREE image editing software?

Hey, I'm looking for some decent image editing software that is FREE. If you guys know of any, if you could link me to the site- that would be GREAT!! thanks

-adam

BuMp

GIMP for windows is your best bet
    http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

It is a little buggy but works fine for basic stuff, if you can, try to pick up an educational license of Photoshop, it is a much better editor in my opinion, and it isn't *too* expensive. (not cheap either)

wOOHHOOO a reply!! I will try it thanks. Anyone else know of any free software you are hiding from me?

gimp is good and as ian says slightly buggy (but its free) some of the older versions are more stable

also look out for design magazines. In the UK there is Computer arts they do free stuff every so often, full version of bryce 2, mask pro plugin etc (going back a bit now) also if u buy hardware eg a wacom tablet u can get painter (nice drawing app) for free (i did), and i dont know if they do it now but we bought a mega sound card system and we got Adobe Premier for free (wasn t cheap tho)

bp

you may also get the latest version of PhotoShop Elements free on a CD with one of the magazines -- In think it is called .NET or one of these digital camera magazines.