Thread: cabana.co.uk

Hammer

cabana.co.uk

Second version of the site

www.cabana.co.uk

all comments welcome

quality. no code bloating either

A few things:

Could you try to get some higher resolution images? they look terrible when at a low resolution,, i know you are aiming for low file size but you have to balance this with good quality presentation.

Just a personal thing i think, theres too much white space on your page.. it leaves the impression that you dont really have too many ideas for layout etc..

The navigation animations (bubbles) are ok but are they just there because you thought it would look cool? i would just say that the company you are doing this for is probably aiming for a commerical web product and probably not that bothered about bubble animations. HOWEVER if you were trying to make the site feel more along the lines of: fun, friendly etc then dont just use the bubble concept on the menu, it looks like your are just using that for the sake of it.

Dont think im being bastardish becuase im not, i like the site but I do know from previous experience that if you research other sites along the same sort of industry you will get more of an idea to what is accepted by the industry...

i think this may be of some help http://www.cokecce.com/srclib/index.html

good luck with it.. i'm interested in how you do with this.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world.

Hammer
    Cheers for the input, I am using the bubble effect as its a soft drinks company, although I think it would look better if the bubbles theme is carried through the site

Gareth

Yea I got that.. its just that It would look better if you did use it more often.. its a nice site though mate..

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world.

I think your site is very good. Its a commercial site which uses flash well and you get to the products without any fuss which is the main thing after all

Your fonts on your buttons are a bit fuzzy so maybe you should invest in a pixel font Ones I bought were only $9.00 so not that expensive

I did not notice the bubble effect. People always expexzt the button to do something. As long as it is clear where you are going when you press it I don't think it matters too much.

I hope they paid you well as you must have put in a lot of hours.

LJD