A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How Do I send a silent e-mail

How Do I send a silent e-mail

Is it posible to send a silent e-mail in flash mx, actionscript. I want to send it without notifing the user, and it also must contain variables. Is this posible?

The only way to do it "silently" is to have an executable on your server capable of sending mail.. If you are running on a unix or linux box you probably can use SENDMAIL. If you are on a Windows 2000 box, I have an executable that I use to send mail.. The only problem with my EXE (I wrote it in Delphi) is that I use my own SMTP server to send mail.. So you need to have access to a SMTP server you can use.

As far as sending variables in the e-mail, since its e-mail, you can put whatever info in it you want..

If you are looking to send the e-mail to a program to do something with the variables, then you should just use a CGI executable and pass the variables directly to that executable and do the process and not bother with e-mail..

I run a web design company and we create custom apps and have some ready made apps that might do what you want.. so reply here or send me an e-mail at rwmorey71@hotmail.com and we can talk further.

Rich