A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Saving a swf onto DVD question

Saving a swf onto DVD question

Hi all,
    Can anyone shed some light on viewing swf's on Plasma TV?
    Also, how do you go about saving swf movies to DVD? Is it a simple case of burning it to a DVD?
    Any advice much appreciated.

Regards,
    Suzy

dvd question

Hi Suzy,

Ever find an answer to this question? I'm trying to do the same thing. So far I've found that you have to get your swf to an avi then get your avi to an mpeg-2 format and then burn to dvd.
    I still need to know if there's an all-in-one program that does this; what happens to file quality thru the conversion; file size issues and whether my flash code will read properly on a stand alone dvd player. I posted a similar question to yours on the flash video board yesterday. Good luck

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    You can use SWF2Video to convert your SWF files to AVI's and then TMPGenc to convert those to MPEG 2. I have done this quite a few times and it works great.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Kris Hunt
    I've done it successfully, although the quality went way down during the AVI conversion. Here's what I did:

Exported .swi file to .avi in Swish
    Converted .avi file to DV stream in Quicktime Pro
    Edited DV stream in iMovie
    Burned to DVD in iDVD

Works great, even in a PS2. I'd like to get the quality issue resolved, though. Does SWF2Video allow you to export to AVI at maximum quality?

Flash onto DVD

I've been searching for a place to post this so I hope it gets to the people who have been searching for the answer.

I've tried many of those programs that convert Flash to AVI or MPEG and all of them fall short. They either don't recognize the flash file because of how it was made or if it does, the resolution deteriorates to the point where you see blocks of color distorted.

The best way I have found so far is to use My Screen Recorder Pro and record the segment of the screen where the flash animation is showing.* It's supposed to record the sound too but I haven't got it to work like that but I found an alternate way to extract the audio stream and import it together.

You should have some kind of program that lets you play flash animations and make them full screen....that way when you put it on your TV the resolution wont look too bad.

But the main program to use is My Screen Recorder Pro. Captures it perfectly (just make sure you go into the settings and increase the quality to max and the FPS to max).

Theres several different programs that can extract audio from an SWF or FLV. Since you want to put it on a DVD like a video, your DVD program should allow you to pick the audio stream and video stream. There a bunch of different ways to do that.

If someone has used an SWF to AVI (or MPG) or similar program, let me know how it works for you....i havent found one that satisfies me.

I'm going to gather together the funniest Flash animations and put it together on a DVD im calling The Internets Funniest Flash Videos (IFV) and kinda make it look like a spinoff of AFV (Americas Funniest Videos)....just for shiggles though. :-)

well, I’ve also been struggling with this for a long time, every time i need to first convert swf to mpeg dvd compatible format with iwisoft swf converter, then use a dvd creator program to burn the video to dvd. it's so bother! i wonder if there is any method to save swf to dvd directly ?