A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Just some banners I made...

Just some banners I made...

I finished another small project for a client: 3 banners for a games-site.

Breakout/Arkanoid:
    http://www.onetwofree.nl/new/speelon...nner1-468.html
    (Mouseover to start game)

Snake:
    http://www.onetwofree.nl/new/speelon...nner2-468.html
    (Click to start game, use arrow keys to move)

Spaceship:
    http://www.onetwofree.nl/new/speelon...nner3-468.html
    (Mouseover to start game)

Just thought I'd show them for fun...

Olorin

Flash Developer on a break
    Very nice..

You made them for SpeelOnlineSpellen.nl on freelance basis?

| "Keep Flashing!"-Jeroen
    PHP multiplayer? Check this thread: PHPgateway

Not freelance... I have my own 1-person company

Olorin

very nice, i particularly liked the space one

i like the idea of "banner-game"...
    a full collection with complete little games would be nice...

well, i like the concept.

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    Hehe, that's advergaming in it's essence *LOL* Nicely done too but I wouldn't expect otherwise from the big O !!
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

I dont like the way banners open new window every time game is finished. While I do understand that it may the only reason to create them, I hate windows popping up all over my screen.

I would like them much more, if at the end of game there would be clickable button ("Play more games at ...") or something.

I dont like the way banners open new window every time game is finished. While I do understand that it may the only reason to create them, I hate windows popping up all over my screen.

I would like them much more, if at the end of game there would be clickable button ("Play more games at ...") or something.
    i strongly agree, it's very unfair to bring up the site on the trigger of a rollover - what if the user accidently moves the mouse across the ad who had no intention of clicking on it or maybe not even seen/noticed it?

This kinda mechanism is more likely to get people annoyed rather than happy to be at your site - not a good thing!

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    Actually, even though i hate online advertising, i kind of liked this concept : of course, the trigger on the click can be annoying, and the fact that the site is poping up after playing is annoying, but : it wouldn't pop-up if you were not playing : so, you get annoyed, but, at least, you get some fun for the annoyment ... not like so much other on-line ads ...

Great idea ....

what i really hate are those horrible flash banners, the company gets one made, then duplicate them 50 times, and just changes 2 or 3 graphics!

Well yes, of course it's annoying that a window pops up when you die in the game... but it's great for the client Click-thoughs without clicks And it's not so bad because you only get a pop-up when you've played the game...

and thanks for all the praise

Olorin

Well yes, of course it's annoying that a window pops up when you die in the game... but it's great for the client Click-thoughs without clicks
    I'd disagree with this - especially from the clients point of view if they think it through. Visits to a site from banner ads are only really useful if the user has chosen to click on it because they want to visit the site

A banner ad is the equivalent of saying: 'look here! my company offers this, if you are seeing this and find it interesting/relevent then click here to find out, if you are not then fine we were probably not aiming at you in the first place and you are unlikely to spend time/signup/buy anything at our site!'

your banner ads are doing something very different - playing the little game in the ad does not automatically mean they want to visit the site! the user is then forced to view the site whether they want to or not and be either:
    1) annoyed - as an established advertsing medium, users understand banner ads - they know that clicking on them will bring up something new. They haven't clicked on your ad but it has still brought up the site, they have been tricked and used by an ad
    2) confused - as they haven't clicked on anything they haven't made a specific choice to focus and select something to expect so they may not even connect the banner ad to the site

and this is assuming they played the game in the first place! - what if they just accidently move the mouse cursor over the ad on the way to a navigation button on the browser, the game will begin, you will 'die' or lose fairly quickly obviously and then bring up the site - anoyance and confusion!

all this is just my opinion of course (though based on research and experience)