A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Greetings From Team Erain

Smile

Welcome!

We are pumped up here at Electric Rain about our new avenue for keeping in touch with the Flash community. Special Thanks to Mark Fennel for working with me on this late last night and within the blink of an eye, having it up and running. What can I say, the guy is on fire! I would also like to thank the moderators at Flashkit that have done such a great job answering questions in the 3D category.

Flashkit is a fantastic resource site that we are proud to be associated with. Moderators from Electric Rain will be checking in regularly to address items posted in this forum. We will also probably poke our heads into the 3D forum occasionally and throw in our 2 cents.

As usual, we will continue to address any questions and problem files sent to support@erain.com.

Once again, welcome to the new Swift 3D support section. We're looking forward to talking with you!

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    Its great to be involved with a great product
    Ive been playing with it and I have had heaps of fun, look forward to our tutorials on using this, and complimentary 3D packages as well!

Coming soon we will have a great 3D model gallery, and we have hundreds of textures ready to roll as well

Mark
    Webmaster

Smile Swift 3D

Swift 3D,

What can I say?

A very nice piece of software, although I would advise people that if they are using rotating 3D models in their movies try to recycle them as much as possible. Even try using flash to tween static 3D models rather importing the whole swift 3D swf file. Keeps the download size much smaller and you can keep the overall effect very similar.

Aside from that, great work guys!

hmmm

Is there anyway we can get the scoop on where swift 3d is going. We love it at work and the current project we are using it in. Are you all going to make plugins for 3d packages.

Sorry guys could resist.

Thanks for the product you guy did a good job

kelly vernon
    http://www.bubba-x.com

Where are we heading, you ask?

Well, we're going where y'all tell us to go. We're doing our best to catalog all user requests and prioritize for our Version 2 release. We'd appreciate any feedback through our wish list on http://www.swift3d.com.

As far as plug ins go, We're primarily focusing on adding additional support for a wider variety of 3D modeling programs. After we can support those we will fishing around the plug in market.

AWATSON,

Great advice on how to use Flash to enhance 3D effects without bumping up file size. It seems like the more you know about Flash, the better Swift 3D becomes. Users can get easily frustrated when they throw complex models with complex animations through our program and output big 'ole SWF files. It's the creative users who know what to do in Swift and what to do in Flash who are having the most fun with it. We're definitely in need of some tutorials by folks like you.