A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Just Wanted to Say Hi and I need a little Help

Just Wanted to Say Hi and I need a little Help

I'm not sure what is wrong. I have a .bmp I want imported to swift so I Imported it to Flash MX, traced the bitmap, and exported it as a .eps. Then I imported it to Swift 3d and it finally worked after about 4 minutes of loading, When I try to save the file as a .t3d is pops up with an error message that say this program has performed an illegal operation, and it closes. I have tried to do this several times and I get the same thing everytime. Can anyone Help me? This is the first thing I have tried to do with Swift. I am new to the whole graphics thing and heard about swift so I got it. If anyone could help a newbie out it would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.

Wheeler

can you post the bitmap and give a bit of a description of how you wanted to make it 3d?
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

here it is I just want to make it stand out more... Trying to figure out why I get illgeal operation thing.

http://ev_wheeler.tripod.com/Show.html

sorry Wheelsman, i get an invalid url when i try to access the page. my server has a problem with url's that have an underscore in them. why not try and attach it to a post using the "attach file" option at the bottom of the "post reply" form.

it says its too big of a file. I'll set it up on my other web account and post a link in a sec.

i imported the bitmap into flash and traced it using a color threshold of 50 and a minimum area of 50. i then selected the basic shapes using the laso tool and made them a solid color. i thin exported it to a .ai format.
    http://www.nlc.net.au/~oceana/swift/misc/logo1.ai
    the eyes and fangs are lost but i think it might be better to model them using a sphere for the eyes and an extrusion with a rounded bevel for the fangs.

lol my thanks got put in a different thread clicked wrong button appearantly lol. Anyway Thanks again for helping me out.