A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will pay for a new LOGO !!!

Will pay for a new LOGO !!!

Hello all,

I'm the owner of a recently formed company and trying to improve on the logo we're currently using. The company name is Flying Fish Resources. We're a staffing firm that concentrates in the IT industry. We are one of tons in our field so we try and focus on the fact we are small, flexible and very customer-service oriented.

The logo will be used for everything we do (Web, letterhead, faxes, business cards, etc...), so it needs to look good in these various forms. To keep printing costs down it shouldn't be more than two colors. The actual colors we use now are blue and black, but I'd be open to seeing others if they "strike me". I think it should have the text Flying Fish Resources as part of it and it could have our new tag line "We know people" involved also if it would look good.

Some possible ideas (or a combination of any of these would be even better):
    1.) Something that plays on our name "Flying Fish Resources"
    2.) Something that gives off the feeling "We know people" as in our new tag line)
    3.) Something that relates to the IT (Information Technology) world
    4.) Something that gives the feeling we are flexible to our clients needs
    5.) Something that gives the feeling we can find the best talent among a large group of people

I noticed a thread a short while ago with a similar idea and the person wa sable to come up with a great logo so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by posting such a request. I hope I gave enough information to give some of you a good place to start.

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to seeing some of you're (the experts) creations.If you'd like you can contact me with your creations and your price. Keep in mind we are a small and recently formed company without the normal budget for a project such as this . The email to use if you need anything from me is ffrllc "at" go.com (or course, replace "at" with @)

I've attached the logo we're currently using. It is okay, but doesn't have any meaning or appeal to it (in my opinion anyway).

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Montara,

If you'd like to submit an idea, please do so and let me know what you charge. You can email me at: ffrllc "at" go.com

Price will play into things, but quality is the main goal.

ffrllc with the greatest of respect u must give the designers out there some idea of what u are willing to pay

i personally would nt submit any concept work without knowing what i would get paid.

if u have a small budget eg 30 dollars, say it so ppl know what they are aiming at

just found your site on the net so u seem legit

bp

Black_phoenix,

Sorry for not including a price in my post. It just seems like if I put that I'm willing to pay up to XYZ, than everyone will ask for exactly XYZ. I'm very interested in coming up with a new and improved logo and have just started looking into it. I've noticed a few companies on the internet that focus on logo designs and charge in the range of $100.

I noticed a similar thread in this forum where the person came up with a logo they were happy with. I just thought it might be wise of me to try here and see what you guys come up with. If the price is reasonable, I'm sure we'll be okay. As I mentioned above, price will be key, but quality will be more important.

If you need anything else feel free to post it here or email me (ffrllc "at" go.com)

Hi, i just thought it would get u more interest (designers)

also (not refering to you) i have seen over the years lots of we dont have alot of money posts from noone@hotmail.com, i just think its important for the younger up and coming designers to get a realism of business.

can u post what u end up with as a final one (i'd be interested to see it)

bp

Of course...I'll post whatever we decide on (if it comes from this forum or not). Then be interested in feedback...

Re: Will pay for a new LOGO !!!

Originally posted by ffrllc

Some possible ideas (or a combination of any of these would be even better):
    2.) Something that gives off the feeling "We know people" as in our new tag line)
    5.) Something that gives the feeling we can find the best talent among a large group of people

gezzzzzzus! that would be one incredible logo!

the problem with deals like this, is that you have to spend a few hours coming up with some stuff before you even know if you will get any money, could always ask to look at peoples folios and then pick someone to do the logo for you? but then again it is good practice for alot of the new comings whether they get the money or not

if i get inspired ill come up with something
    my way or the high way

stone.cold.steve.austin,

Those topics/ideas were just that...possible directions the creator could go in. I not the logo won't incorporate all of them (and shouldn't), but I could imagine a clean, basic, and professional logo that does incorporate more than one of the 5 listed.

Thanks for for the offer to come up with one if you have the time.

I know it might not be a perfect situation for the established professional that has guarenteed clients they need to create work for. I just noticed a similar thread here where many people got invloved and all brainstormed until they came up with the ideal logo. The person that came up with the logo got a few bucks I beleive also. I'm looking to pay "fair market value" for the ideal logo that "strikes me"

Thansk for looking and I look forward to seeing your creation if you have time to come up with one.

I like the top right one you made. Something about it caught my eye immediately. Perhaps the top portion needs a bit of work, but the way the text is presented underneath is pretty good. Nice draft work. Go with Montara!

Originally posted by gdstudios
    I like the top right one you made. Something about it caught my eye immediately. Perhaps the top portion needs a bit of work, but the way the text is presented underneath is pretty good. Nice draft work. Go with Montara!
    pffft you havent seen mine yet.
    my way or the high way

montara1 like the style...the best so far

My contribution;

I know it looks like a fish with a horn

Toony

Basically, if you combine Toony's top fish grfx and Montara's upper right text display, you just might have the perfect logo. Seriously. I Toony's color selection too.

I agree with stone.cold.steve.austin - experienced designers wouldn't and shouldn't take any risks of not getting paid - that's what folios are for..

But montara1 and toony are already doing it, so, good luck guys!

And good job too!

PS: I thought that flying fish were those with the wings, you know.. just a thought..

Originally posted by svetko
    I agree with stone.cold.steve.austin - experienced designers wouldn't and shouldn't take any risks of not getting paid - that's what folios are for..

I disagree, tho I might not get chosen for the job it gives me an opportunity to work on new ideas (which at some stage may be used for another client). It’s all good practice and practice makes perfect.

toony, don't get me wrong but many would not find frustration as that great contribution on their way to perfection.

also, in my experience potential clients have used my work or parts of it without my permission, even after claiming that they 'don't really like it and wouldn't pay for it'. so that's why competitions don't get me too exited any more.

but if you have a lot of spare time - this is definitely your type of job.

(it gives me an opportunity to work on new ideas (which at some stage may be used for another client)
    personally I don't think so - a logo must be unique and should say a lot about the company it represents. it would be very tough to run into another match, where you could use it.

I see your point svetko, I’ve only recently ventured out on my own (been working for a manufacturing company as there in-house designer doing the same style day in day out) and so far only done 2 Corp I.D's so yes you could say I need the practice.
    I agree that Logos should be unique but for example the way I came about putting the fish together may be appropriate for a future branding.
    Plus me spending a little time doing this sort of project (tho not paid) can also help me get feedback from the market out there and in turn will help me improve.

Toony

taking material without obtaining permission from the owners of copyrighted materials is unethical and can also lead to liability for copyright infringement.

Every three months group your art work together with updates, published or unpublished and register with a single application $30* filing fee

This is the United States Copyright Office
    http://www.loc.gov/copyright/
    #202 707 3000
    Last edited by montara1; 05-06-2003 at 04:19 PM.

THANK YOU ALL,

All of the logo's so far a very good, but none stand out as "THE ONE". They are all a play on the name Flying Fish Resources. What we do is also very important to the logo (not just the name). We're a prfessional staffing agency so it needs to be something that will help us stand out from the rest.

As I mentioned above it can be related to any of the 5 listed possibilities. Or most likely the winning logo will actually be a combination of a couple of them:

So far, all the entries would fit into only #1 above.

Thanks again for everyone's submitions so far and I can't wait to see more. Once I see the one that "Strikes me" I'll make sure to post the final winning logo for everyone to see.

oh my my my ... :)

hehehe, ffrllc, I could not resist to say ... give me a break here!

-- ok

-- "we know people" could hardly be a feeling...

-- all of the logos here exept for the red one are in style that could be used for the IT world.

-- that would be a ...fish?

-- I think you forgot to mention exactly how large group?

..if you excuse my irony.

I'm not trying to be sceptical here, but if anyone came up with such a fish - I would LOooOVE to see it!

Originally posted by montara1
    I think he means he wants different comps either combined or not but relating to the subject matter posted. Your not paying enough for me to think that hard) $100.00 = Fish logo
    hey, I'm willing to contribute in a group effort if someone starts with an interesting idea!