A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Matrix Reloaded -- Not as you expected (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Originally posted by breadlegs
    Yeah that article was really amazing and thorough. Shows how much though the brothers Wachowski put into this trilogy.

2 + 2 = 5
    I left the first movie thinking... "What if I am living in The Matrix?"
    That was what was so cool about it. The concept of the movie stayed with you for a long time after you saw it. For the second movie it was not possible for them to give you another concept that as mind blowing as the first. A lot of people left the movie thinking that it was missing something. Hell yeah it was missing something. There really was no plot, because they never finished the movie. Most people left the movie really confused and somewhat angry. I hope they manange to pull off something big in the third movie.

[size=1]Peace out fk. Thanks for all the good times .

Sounds to me like you have made up your mind about the last movie already. I have heard and read this same attitude a thousand times since Reloaded came out.

gdstudios- how could you not like mouse?? cmon!

I hate to be the one to say this but am I the only one who thinks that while the matrix movies are cool all this philosophy and religious stuff behind it seems to just be cobbled together from pop culture?

I admire them for making the effort to bring a lot of this stuff together but it's not exactly intellectual stuff. The plot might be dense at times, listening to the architect made my head spin, but just because it's 'deep' doesn't make it a successful synthesis of ideas.

If you've ever read an alan moore book, like 'from hell'* or 'v for vendetta' you'll know what kind of thing I consider well-thought out, well-applied philosophical/religious/historical references and principles. 'From Hell' is an especially amazing book, level after level of research so articulate that makes your brain spin. That it all becomes so lucid to the attentive reader is a further tribute to moore's skills.

*NOT, I repeat, NOT the movie version

Originally posted by big_k
    gdstudios- how could you not like mouse?? cmon!
    He reminded me too much of the typical computer geek. Couldn't get that out of my mind.

Originally posted by aversion
    I hate to be the one to say this but am I the only one who thinks that while the matrix movies are cool all this philosophy and religious stuff behind it seems to just be cobbled together from pop culture?

I admire them for making the effort to bring a lot of this stuff together but it's not exactly intellectual stuff. The plot might be dense at times, listening to the architect made my head spin, but just because it's 'deep' doesn't make it a successful synthesis of ideas.

If you've ever read an alan moore book, like 'from hell'* or 'v for vendetta' you'll know what kind of thing I consider well-thought out, well-applied philosophical/religious/historical references and principles. 'From Hell' is an especially amazing book, level after level of research so articulate that makes your brain spin. That it all becomes so lucid to the attentive reader is a further tribute to moore's skills.

*NOT, I repeat, NOT the movie version
    I agree with you and I think that the Matrix would not be a good read. As far as depth in movies goes, without a book to base it off of, the Matrix movies have done well presenting deep philosophical ideas. And this will end up being a similar story to the Thirteenth Floor, only that movie sucked, and this one will be much better. Matrix is good for what it is. And as for special effects, it is the trend-setting superior to all others—not unlike 2Advanced, Fantasy Interfaces, Hi-Res and Whoswe in our industry.

interesting reading, another link to the architect/neo conversation... good to see i'm not alone in needing to read this again in my own time: http://www.chaulootz.com/~frankie/blog.php - there's also some interesting interpritations/ideas in the comments section

for all you pc users who haven't found a decent matrix screen saver have a look @ http://zmatrix.sourceforge.net/ - it's better then gerbicks one

cs

Originally posted by CrashedStar
    for all you pc users who haven't found a decent matrix screen saver have a look @ http://zmatrix.sourceforge.net/ - it's better then gerbicks one
    I beg to differ, i downloaded that screensaver and it(excuse my language) blows. I downloaded gerbicks for my friends Mac and it's awesome.
    Last edited by wiReZ; 05-23-2003 at 05:58 PM.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Visionray
    [B]I saw the film last night and I still agree with Aversion and Aria and others here who are dissappointed. I'm sorry but I just can't enjoy a movie based soley on the special effects and action scenes if it doesn't have a good script and good acting! I mean, it simply amazes me sometimes how much energy a filmmaker will put into special effects without paying attention to other important aspects of a film. (hint - Star Wars).

I mean, if I judged a movie based soley on special effects, then Pearl Harbor would have been a great movie. Unfortunatly, it wasn't because the acting, story, and dialogue was pure crap! Going back to the fight scenes. They had me yawning. Oh they 'looked' cool, but they also looked so fake. Like people said here, where was the oomph!! behind those punches? They might as well be lightly slapping each other like old grannies. Honestly, I just don't like the Matrix cast. I don't think any of them are that great and I never have. There isn't a second that goes by where it doesn't look like Keanu is acting.

I have a few questions:

1. Why oh why do they all have to wear sunglasses constantly? Is there any particular reason besides the desire to say "hey look at me - I'm cool"?
    2. How does someone like Keanu become an A list actor?
    3. Why is Trinity always decked out in a black leather suit?
    4. Can Morpheus speak like the normal human being that he is, and not some wannabe Pulitzer Prize winning poet?
    5. All the questions are answered so stupid by the Oracle.
    6. Trinity & Neo facking scene was stupid.
    7. The Fighting scene with 60 Mr. smith agents, what is the point of that if they cant kill each other?
    8. Where are the guns in the movie?
    9. It is Neo who is the chosen one and I think that only Neo should kick agents ass and nobody ells like Morpheus and co. right?
    9. Why was the film only 4scenes of 30min fighting where almost nobody dies?
    10. Why did they bring the Key maker with them? Why not wack his ass and they the stupid key? he was expecting them so he should have the key ready right?
    11. Neo is a stupid ****er that took the wrong door, how selfish is that? he picked his girlfriend over the world.

When the movie was finished I felt that I had become much dumber, I was glad that I didn’t have a math test the day after cuz I would have probably got an F. The story of the movie was so crappy, I didn’t get the movie at all, I just couldt figure out how come the movie was a million times worst that the first one. I hate movies that have long fighting scenes where nobody dies, it was like watching Walker Texas Ranger. hehe.

The movie was the worst film I have seen ever, I don’t know if I’m going to watch the next one, I probably wont watch it in the cinema.
    How about some feedback on v2?

SigmaStudio v2

I got one for you:

1. Why do shallow people like you exist?

b t w

By the way Sigma, They took the keymaker along with them because he wasn't finished with the key, Go see it again and watch for him to finish the key. The ****ing scene was there to add some humour, after all, they were supposed to be at the big rave
    Junior Ambassador for the Ambassador program.
    Contact me on AIM under ByNight InterAct

Http://www.BynightLite.tk

none of those were questions
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Re: b t w

Originally posted by By Night
    By the way Sigma, They took the keymaker along with them because he wasn't finished with the key, Go see it again and watch for him to finish the key. The ****ing scene was there to add some humour, after all, they were supposed to be at the big rave
    But the keymaker were expecting them so he could have finished the key before they came. Matrix Reloaded is the worst movie ever. I facking hate stupid fighting scenes like Neo agains all those agents cuz nobody dies they just Beyotchslapp each other. Stupid facking movie.
    Last edited by SigmaStudio; 05-27-2003 at 04:32 AM.
    How about some feedback on v2?

SigmaStudio v2

Re: Re: b t w

Originally posted by SigmaStudio
    agains all those agents cuz nobody dies they just Beyotchslapp each other. Stupid facking movie.
    Then you just don't get it.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

Señor member
    I finally saw it at the cinema last night. Talk about a major disappointment. I've been waiting months for this film and I'm a big fan of the Matrix but this one was weak.

It just dragged on and on. The fight scenes (in particular the freeway scene) were impressive but the rest of the film was poor, the storyline was weaker than I expected and they just seemed to get bored at the end and finished it badly!
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Sigma - Just because your brain cant handle more of a storyline then: "you bad, me good, me alive, you dead" doesnt mean it's a crap movie.

Jamble - You need a haircut

Jammers always needs a haircut

Just seen it Wow... I'd like to see a slight re-edit of it, lose a few scenes, shorten some of the fight scenes, (the agent one just goes on and on and on... Then he flies away! Duh! Do that at the start of the fight, could have saved so much time!)

Whats your thoughts on the matrix within a matrix idea? (How he shocked the senital etc...) - anything written about it online? Any spoilers?

Great movie, just remember the good bits and forget the rest

Go back a few posts, there's plenty of online material already posted about the different theories and possibilties.

No. I got bored reading after page 2