A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Matrix Reloaded -- Not as you expected (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

exactly. others enjoyed it. no need to get all divisive about who enjoyed a movie.

hurry up next Matrix movie. if they would have made the movie come out next year, I would have gone insane.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Sorry for leaving you out big_k. There are so few of us. Gerbs, the only people being divisive are those who trash the movie and affect how much money it makes. I want the Brothers Wachowski to make a new series soon, not be chased away by ignorant wannabe critics. Seriously, though, the sex/rave scene did kinda suck.

naw. I think I get the people's reaction to saying it "sucked"... I didn't buy into the hype. I think that's what saved me. Besides, it's their opinion. I never really liked Star Wars unless they were showing Darth Vader. Imagine my disappointment with the prequels (ok, that's an easy target. they've sucked something fierce so far... I think my "Where's the evil!?" post a few weeks back about Star Wars tells my tale about how I don't like the prequels).

Besides, some of the opinions here bring great points. Morpheus seemed more "stiff" this time. Not as compelling and aggressive as the first movie. I think the old Morpheus, albeit a bit more confused, came out in the end when Neo stated "he didn't know" what to do. Maybe that dialog was intentional... still was "stiff"

regarding the hype, same with X-Men 2. I really didn't buy into the hype, and was pleasantly surprised. (damn, two movies in one year. I'm setting a new record for myself... I hardly ever sit down to watch movies)

bah. I got Spirited Away on DVD. I'm happy for a long time

And we know what Morpheus thinks about his critics (offensive gesture).

Gerbs, will you see Terminator 3?

2 + 2 = 5
    I had to see it again for a third time. I really only wanted to see this movie once, but everytime I find myself hanging out with a different group of friends they want to go and see The Matrix. Do not see this movie more than once. It is a complete waste of your time. I slept through most of the movie it was so terrible.

[size=1]Peace out fk. Thanks for all the good times .

I thought it was really good, better then the first. I am going to see it again on Saturday, there are a few things I didn't understand, but thats why I enjoyed it. Good action, good story. I also think the story was good, mainly because everyone who saw it is going to want to see the third. I have no idea why you guys didn't like it.

Originally posted by Adv7rsus
    I had to see it again for a third time. I really only wanted to see this movie once, but everytime I find myself hanging out with a different group of friends they want to go and see The Matrix. Do not see this movie more than once. It is a complete waste of your time. I slept through most of the movie it was so terrible.
    Exactly. This is the type of stuff that infuriates me, not Aversion's comments. People who trash the movie and say it is "boring" and "no story" and "I fell asleep" blah blah. Infuriates me. I don't care if it's someone's opinion or not. I think it sucks.

hmm... I am getting a lot of negative comments about the Matrix, it's making me not want to see it. Should I?
    My current rig: AMD Athlon64 3500+(Winchester Core) MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum - 1GB
    (2x512MB) Kingston HyperX DDR333 BH5 - ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro 128mb - SB Audigy 2
    WD 80GB 7200RPM 8MB - WD 250GB 7200RPM 8MB - MAX 120GB 7200RPM 8MB - Dell 2001FP 20.1 LCD

use the bathroom during the rave scene and the movie should be just fine for you.

Originally posted by wiReZ
    hmm... I am getting a lot of negative comments about the Matrix, it's making me not want to see it. Should I?
    Exactly my point. Negative comments, especially ignorant ones—like those insisting that it's boring—only serve to dissuade people who haven't yet seen it, from seeing it. GO SEE IT! Make up your own mind, and support the grueling 4 year development of the Matrix sequels.

Originally posted by kelly2shirts
    use the bathroom during the rave scene and the movie should be just fine for you.
    Lol, you know? Not a bad idea at all. Definitely my least favorite scene with Morpheus speaking, the orgy and the sex.

i'll keep that in mind.
    My current rig: AMD Athlon64 3500+(Winchester Core) MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum - 1GB
    (2x512MB) Kingston HyperX DDR333 BH5 - ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro 128mb - SB Audigy 2
    WD 80GB 7200RPM 8MB - WD 250GB 7200RPM 8MB - MAX 120GB 7200RPM 8MB - Dell 2001FP 20.1 LCD

2 + 2 = 5
    Originally posted by gdstudios
    Exactly. This is the type of stuff that infuriates me, not Aversion's comments. People who trash the movie and say it is "boring" and "no story" and "I fell asleep" blah blah. Infuriates me. I don't care if it's someone's opinion or not. I think it sucks.
    Hey GD, if you read some of my previous posts you will find that at first I enjoyed this movie a lot. But After seeing it three times it was really boring for me. Some movies you can watch over and over and they are really great, like the first matrix. That just did not apply to this movie. That is all I am trying to say.

[size=1]Peace out fk. Thanks for all the good times .

My apologies.

ok, maybe it's the perv in me, but I liked that scene.

symbolic afterthought though... them "swarming" all over each other looked just like the machines when they were swarming all over each other too. coincidence?

Originally posted by gerbick
    symbolic afterthought though... them "swarming" all over each other looked just like the machines when they were swarming all over each other too. coincidence?
    Nice Gerbs. Hadn't thought about that. I don't deny that the rave scene had significance, I just think it could have been presented better. Along with the speaking Morpheus against the blue screen scene and the Neo thrusting scene. All could have been done differently with just as much effect in my view.

neo thrusting scene?

if you skip the rave, then you wont see the sex scene, just imagine neo isnt that....im deffinatly with av......trinity is hot

I never saaw the rave scene, i guess it was in the first hour which i missed.
    I cant wait to see it again tomorrow.
    You wish you had a footer like this one.
    >>Shutup<< >>HomeStarRunner!<<

Originally posted by gerbick
    neo thrusting scene?
    I'm scarred for life having to watch this emotionless, loof share an intimate moment with Carrie Ann Moss.