A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matrix Reloaded -- Not as you expected (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Hybrid View

Matrix Reloaded -- Not as you expected

Saw the movie already... yes, not that really thrilling unlike the 1st one.

lots of nonsense talking (i bet you say "duh").

stunts, gave it perfect 10. though some are computer graphix, esp. on the part where Neo kick a lot of Agent Smith's "look- a like"

at the end, you'lll say... "hey Neo, why do you have to lie?"

Please fix your footer

Full-Time Dedicated Designer/Webmaster
    FREE 1 Month Trial (No Charge!)
    ICQ me: 248297702

your footer is too big, 300x40 is the limit

Yeah, the story (except maybe the last half hour) was crappy, but the action was good.
    The part I hated most : Morpheus's speech to Zion. It seemed so fake.
    The part I liked most : Battling the multiple agents and then battling the twins.

**spoilers ahead**

worst parts of the movie... sex/dancing scene (ugh)
    restarting heart then making out scene (again, ugh)
    the "kiss me for the keymaker" part (seriously now...)

but the best parts are definetly the multiple agents fight scene and the car chase, 2 completely amazing peices of work.
    i think the film altogether is pretty good, but alot of the dialouge seemed really contrived, and the philosophy was kinda... obvious layered on top of obvious...

Originally posted by big_k
    **spoilers ahead**

worst parts of the movie... sex/dancing scene (ugh)
    Oh that group rave type scene? Funny thing was I was going to go to the theatre for an open casting for extras & I reckon that's what it would have been for.

Yeah, corny, but damn! She was hot!!!!!!!!

matrix 3

im looking forwrd on the next Matrix fight scenes of "NEO and MORPHEOUs" ... hehehe

Please fix your footer

Full-Time Dedicated Designer/Webmaster
    FREE 1 Month Trial (No Charge!)
    ICQ me: 248297702

Actually I liked the trailer more then I liked the movie
    I think I have to watch it at least another time to tell what I really think of it, but I defenately expected something else.

Worst part: end speach with the 'creator' of the matrix, I really wanted to slap myself in the head while seeing that part

also the amount of times they answered a question with a question got REALLY annoying

so who watched the 2 minute trailer of revelations after the 10 minutes of credits?
    lalalalalalala

*spoiler stuff*

I just saw it and for the record I thought:

the rave/sex scene was dumb
    morpheus was playing a charicature of morpheus
    some of the effects were too 'computer gamey'
    fight scenes with no purpose diluted the movie's integrity
    fight scenes were a little too long and showy
    some bad acting in the minor roles
    zion looked like an anti-roads protest camp in england
    damn but the music sucked! The first one had great music!

trinity still rocks
    some amazing effects
    plot wasn't as bad as I heard it was
    agent smith rocks
    like the idea of the rogue programs in the system
    some great fight stuff

I wish they had stuck to the way they shot the first film, they had such a great format, inside the matrix looked great, this time it just looked like an afterthought, the scenes with just people in had lost their intamacy, and there was way more exposition.

I did enjoy the film but I think that, like me, a lot of people are coming out of there thinking that the film makers have ignored some of the factors that made the first one so great. It's not about the fact that the first film came out of nowhere, or that you're bound to be less impressed by the effects this time, it's about the way the film was made, there just seems to be something intangible lost in the process which makes everythign a little more hummdrum this time.

well worth seeing though

Originally posted by big_k
    There's more too it then just making out. In the game she makes out with Niobi and Ghost.

Heavyweight Pixel Champion Pixel Puncher's Avatar
    It's hard for me to be a hard critic on this movie here. I really like the whole idea and concept of the Matrix movies and I'm sure it could have been done 100 different ways but it wasn't. I'm going to except what I've seen and not try to downplay what we know is obvious in hopes that it will keep me liking it. Besides, could I have done a better job, would I know the first thing about making a movie? Highly doubtfull. Movies are subjective, for one persons pleasure is anothers pain. This movie had it's ups and downs sure. But I'd rather just let it be and enjoy the fact that we have this movie called The Matrix. To me it's worth seeing more than once in the theater.

As far as the trailer at the end of the 10 minute credit...can't wait to see the next Matrix. Looks like lots of fighting.
    If your friends with "P" well then your friends with me. If your down with "P" well then your down with me.

Sometinh else I missed: The loading program, where they could load anything. I loved the scene with the guns in the first one

Originally posted by aversion

fight scenes with no purpose diluted the movie's integrity
    fight scenes were a little too long and showy

One thing I noticed is that they look SO choreographed. It just doesn't look like two people really fighting. It all looks so planned out. Of course it is planned but it looks more like a dance routine to me instead of a real fight.

and that's when you need accidents like the Marvin Incident from Pulp Fiction more often.

it makes it more natural.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by gerbick
    and that's when you need accidents like the Marvin Incident from Pulp Fiction more often.

it makes it more natural.

Exactly. Someone needs to get shot in the face accidentally for realism.

I like what Roger Ebert had to say though...
    --------------------------
    Commander Lock: "Not everyone believes what you believe."

Morpheus: "My beliefs do not require that they do."

Characters are always talking like this in "The Matrix Reloaded," which plays like a collaboration involving a geek, a comic book and the smartest kid in Philosophy 101. Morpheus in particular unreels extended speeches that remind me of Laurence Olivier's remarks when he won his honorary Oscar--the speech that had Jon Voight going "God!" on TV, but in print turned out to be quasi-Shakespearean doublespeak. The speeches provide not meaning, but the effect of meaning: It sure sounds like those guys are saying some profound things.
    ---------------------------

Originally posted by Visionray
    One thing I noticed is that they look SO choreographed. It just doesn't look like two people really fighting. It all looks so planned out. Of course it is planned but it looks more like a dance routine to me instead of a real fight.
    Watch any martial arts movie and you will see this same thing. The timing, the grace, the dance. That is what makes martial arts so cool. It's not Rocky going in there and going "yo, you wanna fight me." I can't imagine watching a street brawl in this movie...the dance is the way to go. It's an art form, that is why it looks like a dance.
    If your friends with "P" well then your friends with me. If your down with "P" well then your down with me.

Originally posted by Pixel Puncher
    Watch any martial arts movie and you will see this same thing. The timing, the grace, the dance. That is what makes martial arts so cool. It's not Rocky going in there and going "yo, you wanna fight me." I can't imagine watching a street brawl in this movie...the dance is the way to go. It's an art form, that is why it looks like a dance.
    I agree, but i think I know what visionray means though, compare the fights in the first movie with this one and in my opinion there's a definitely lack of, I can't think of a better word, 'grit' behind them. There is a choreography to it, as there was in the first one, but in this one there's nothing behind those kicks and punches, it's like they're just going through the motions sometimes.

they're still incredible to watch but there's definitely something lacking from them, just not enough 'punch', and as someone else said the fighting seems more samey, less variation than in the first film and the scenes themselves don't focus on the fighters the way they did in the first film.

and I think visionray's also right about the script this time round!

still a great film, but some force, some passion, that was present in the first film seems to be lacking now.

Originally posted by aversion
    still a great film, but some force, some passion, that was present in the first film seems to be lacking now.
    True it would have been better to see some hard hitting...maybe keanue reeves back was hurting again!

I loved almost everything about this movie, in the first matrix it had a feeling like there was little outside of the matrix, but in the new movie it in my opinion flipped it around by making it seem the real world was much more massive, and the matrix a bit smaller

i'm playin through the game right now and its very enjoyable to watch special movie scenese just for the game, gives alot of insight as to what happened with other characters and how some people arrived in certain locations..a MUST buy
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

2 + 2 = 5
    I thought the movie was f-ing awesome. Of course it was not as thrilling as the first movie, because the whole concept of The Matrix was introduced in a really intriguing way. I thought the second one kept the plot moving very well. I highly recommend it.

[size=1]Peace out fk. Thanks for all the good times .

I was very disappointed - I saw it yesterday and i wont see it again.

From the bad acting and stupid Hollywood references 'Neo is doing his superman thing again', to long fighting scenes that basically didn't offer any edge or reason to care anymore since by now we know they can bring each other back from the dead if one of them does catch a bullet.

I'll check the third instalment for the SFX and hopefully for a better music soundtrack but this has gone -for me- down the rabbithole.

a
    We're médecins sans frontières. More about us here