A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Small Guestbook

Wow 3PRIMATES - don't lose sleep over this - not that important. I just checked the time in your corner of the planet! Jeeeez. Mind you I haven't been going to bed till 5am these past few mornings... assessments are looming... eek

You really are FK's official nice guy!

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Hi, well I hate leaving loose ends. I wanted this to be pretty much plug and play, and it is if you just load my clip without putting it in another. Im trying to get everything worked out so it can be placed anywhere and still function.

Still workin on it...

3PRIMATES

Hi, ok...
    Well here is yours working.
    As far as I can see, the scrollerMC clip can be placed anywhere now and it will still function.

Variables are now being loaded into scroller MC and all clips including the scrollers are referencing _parent, and since they are contained within scrollerMC, scrollerMC is thier parent clip.

This should mean that the it will function no matter how many clips you deep it is nested. I still need to make sure it is 100%, but I believe it is safe for you to rely on.

http://www.3primates.com/clients/donnahomepage.zip

For everyone else:
    I will release the new version with the changes ASAP.
    Everything else in the clips are the same except targeting.

Im not sure why your .htpasswd file is not opening.
    Did you do as the directions stated and replace the address in the .htaccess file? And if so, did you replace the password in the .htpasswd file?

anyone else having this problem?

Ok..Let me know if it works for you Donna..
    For ease of upgrading to this new clip, it may be best to just navigate through your clips on the stage until you get to scrollerMC and then copy the frame it on and paste it over the old frame.
    Make sure to replace existing items when it askes..

Make sure to work on a copy and not your original, just in case, but you know that..:o)

3PRIMATES
    Last edited by 3PRIMATES; 05-26-2003 at 06:00 AM.

testing it all now... thankyou so much! will let you know a.s.a.p!

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

3PRIMATES - thankyou so so so so much - it works! I am so so pleased. You have brought to life an idea I thought just wasn't going to happen for me at one point. Much respect to you!

Do you have a mini logo/gif that I could place on the guestbook itself to link to your site? Of course, when I say mini i mean mini looking at the space we are dealing with on my page - lol. Just something cute and dinky that people could click on - I will put a sound effect on it to highlight it. I will of course give you a shout out in the credits section of my site too! Only if you want of course.

I will go over code again with regards to password stuff, and just one more question - why is the 'quote'/input field box that tinted colour? Can't pinpoint it - is it an actionscript function?

Many thanks again

One very happy lady - Donna

Hi,
    if you click on the form MC to select it, then look down at the properties tab, you will notice that there is a tint applied to the movie clip.

Hope it helps..

Glad it worked for you..

No need for a logo of mine, honorable mention is nice though..
    thanks..)

3PRIMATES

Ok... :-) How do I change the scrollbar colours for the pop up window with the messages? I can't for the life of me find the script in any of the files?
    And also the font for the 'close window' text button?

Hi,
    thats contained is the css file in the css folder.
    a css file is cascading style sheet. Edit it in your code, html or text editor..

3PRIMATES

Aaaaah! Of course! Didn't think of that. Doh...

Ok folks..
    Heres the new one.
    Ver.04A

This version can be placed in movie clips, without any alterations to
    the scrollerMC.

Made changes to form area
    form now slides into place

moved form buttons

changed default colors

Changed button effect

fixed text aliasing

code cleanup overall

Made the movieclip portable
    can be copied and pasted in other projects now.

Plus some other stuff..

If you are going to use my source,please beta test it and direct questions, comments and bugs to this post..

DOWNLOAD NOW -128KB

Check it out in action:
    http://www.3primates.com/clients/messages.html

3PRIMATES

i cant upload your samples

hi 3PRIMATE i am a newie in php.

i downloaded your sample and tried to upload them to a YAHOO server which supports php, but i couldnt because some files were in folders. i couldnt upload the entire folder. can you pls teach me how to upload ? and besides this i may have other problems dealing with your sample pls email: lengsun@hotmail.com or you can leave your instructions right here.
    THANKS alot!

Hi darkholy...
    If you do not have FTP access, and have to use a file manager, things are not going to be easy for you. You will need to go into the file manager and recreate the directory structure contained in the tinyBB_04A folder...
    So in your main directory you would have:

messages.swf
    messages.html
    and
    tinyBB folder

You would then need to look in the tinyBB folder and recreate the directory structure and upload all the files that are supposed to be in them, one at a time...

The other thing is that tinyBB uses a mySQL database which I do not beilve you have access to on yahoo.
    I would suggest finding another host. One that has FTP,php and a mySQL database.

3PRIMATES

Originally posted by 3PRIMATES
    Hi darkholy...
    If you do not have FTP access, and have to use a file manager, things are not going to be easy for you. You will need to go into the file manager and recreate the directory structure contained in the tinyBB_04A folder...
    So in your main directory you would have:

messages.swf
    messages.html
    and
    tinyBB folder

You would then need to look in the tinyBB folder and recreate the directory structure and upload all the files that are supposed to be in them, one at a time...

The other thing is that tinyBB uses a mySQL database which I do not beilve you have access to on yahoo.
    I would suggest finding another host. One that has FTP,php and a mySQL database.

3PRIMATES
    hi i have uploaded manually to a Lycos site but it seemed the guest book was unable to load any data. Take a look here: http://members.lycos.co.uk/darkholy/messages.html

i've checked the directory structure, they're quite in place. The Lycos site do support php and mySQL, so i dont know whats causing the problem. do you have any idea?

if you need to inspect the directory structure or the Lycos file support, i can give you the userID and password.

Hope you can help. THANKS!!!!
    Last edited by darkholy; 11-19-2003 at 05:57 AM.

Hi there...
    Sure, if you want to PM (private message) me, I will take a look to see what the problem is...

Do you have FTP access to that site?

3PRIMATES

Hi I have PM you the user ID and password.
    pls help check the files and directory structure of whats wrong, THANKS.

The FTP is web-based, can be found under the section "WebMaster Channel" >>"Site building tools" >> "WebFTP"
    Last edited by darkholy; 11-19-2003 at 10:08 PM.

Hi,
    well I see the problem. You really havent installed tinyBB.

You need to read the README.htm file I enclosed in the tinyBB download.

You have not even put any connection information in the dbconnect.php.ini file...

Ill try to help if you are still having problems after you read the readme file

3PRIMATES

hi
    i have followed the instructions to your files but still the data cant seem to load...

whats wrong with it?

Hi,
    do you have a MySQL database, db username and a db password ?
    Have you edited the dbConnect.inc.php to reflect the above?
    Have you created all the tables in the database that are needed for tinyBB to work?

3primates

Originally posted by 3PRIMATES
    Hi,
    do you have a MySQL database, db username and a db password ?
    Have you edited the dbConnect.inc.php to reflect the above?
    Have you created all the tables in the database that are needed for tinyBB to work?

3primates
    hy,

I did create a db username and db password and also edited the dbConnect.inc.php according to the instructions.
    I've done everything in the Readme and install.php, except for the MySQL database which came out a red-coloured error message when i tried to create.
    i dont know how to solve this problem because i have already done everything.
    how should i solve this? Thks

Originally posted by darkholy
    hy,

I did create a db username and db password and also edited the dbConnect.inc.php according to the instructions.
    I've done everything in the Readme and install.php, except for the MySQL database which came out a red-coloured error message when i tried to create.
    i dont know how to solve this problem because i have already done everything.
    how should i solve this? Thks
    hi, have you checked through the files ? do you still want to help me?