A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: some questions from a Newbie

some questions from a Newbie

Hi, I'm a newbie at Flash. Part of my project is to contact someone in the industry. I kinda felt, well everyone has different opinions, so I decided to post this on the forum. I'm a big fan of XiaoXiao flash. That guy never answers his emails. I was hoping maybe I can find some answers here.

1) How you create 3-D effects that appeared since XiaoXiao 3? To what extent is programming used for the flashes like that.

2) If its not too personal, how much money do animators make? Is it because of your passion for animation that lead to make Flash or because its easier to find jobs in this area? WHat's the difference between animators for Flash and animators for movies like "Lord or the Ring" or "Toy Story."

3) To what extent is programming used in animation in general(lots, some, little)? What programs do you use besides Flash?

Thanks.

If animation is your gig, and you want to make big money look toward 3D digital software like Maya to name one (popular in industry).

I am not saying Flash won't make you money, is anybody making money these days???

I guess it all depends on what you are trying to animate. Cartoon type stuff (2D) in Flash is cool. 3D is pretty limited.

Programing in animation- Its used alot when you are doing some serious 3D type work and in Flash for some cool quick effects, check out the movies for some examples. There are alot of great action script examples.

Isnt there a forum more geared to your question...Like animation and design or something like that? You would get lots of answers there I am sure.

Cheers