A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating a line being drawn

Creating a line being drawn

Hi
    I'm sure this is really very easy, but I'm having problems.
    What I am doing is trying to create a an effect where it looks like somthing is being drawn, in this case a scribble, I did the illustration in illustrator, and imported it, then tried to get the mask, so that it would just follow the line of the scibble revealing it slowly, but all it does is go in a line, without extending, does anyone have any ideas, or know of any tutorials, on how to get round this, it would be really appriciated

Many thanks

Ru
    Creativity is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

I usually do this frame by frame.
    Remeber that whatever solid fill appears in a mask layer decides what is visible in the masked layer.
    Have your scribble in one layer, with a mask layer above it.
    In the mask layer, keyframe after keyframe, add solid fill with the paintbrush tool building up until the whole scribble has been revealed.
    If you start in frame one, paint some fill, select the next frame and add a keyframe, the new keyframe includes the fill you painted in the previous frame. You simply add to it.
    How smooth the final product looks depends on how much you paint/reveal in each frame.
    This is the easiest way I've found so far to do it. Time consuming but good results if you do it well.
    b+

sonwah

Thanks for that that was what I started doing, but thought there must be a way of tweening the mask

tahnk you for that

Ru
    Creativity is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein