A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: yeah baby, yeah!

yeah baby, yeah!

here it is
    Last edited by tomsamson; 05-25-2003 at 11:25 AM.

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    Well, some explaining would be nice *LOL* Looks good! Still haven't gotten around to opening the zip but by the looks of it I oughta
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

yeah ,you oughta
    well,the name says it all,its the kazoowee creator,intended to be the ultimate 2d flash game editor

I will have a look whe I get home tonight! Is there any instructions..anything I should be aware of?

If you should give a short description then what does it do? Is is a Flash interface for creating games, where you can code and stuff, or what are we talking about?

Tell me more... Is it a zelda sort of creator or ( please say yes ) a Monkey Island creator ?

Squize.

Originally posted by tomsamson
    well,the name says it all,its the kazoowee creator,intended to be the ultimate 2d flash game editor
    Its Flash?

its a standalone app for creating games.
    its the totally reswamped version of the editor i made for 2 kingdoms.
    it allows creating maps for totally artbased games,totally tilebased games and hybrids (for example artbased graphics/tilebased collsion detection hybrids).
    the current screen shows point and click adventure game editing mode.
    (for games like monkey island).
    you should get the first version on weekend,i´ve just brainstormed with daydream about how to set up some things.
    by the way: love the graphics you made!
    (but just don´t show em here,otherwise we will get disqualified,you know)

I know Just wait and see what's coming up once my phreaking scanner learns to obey me!?! The editor sounds really interesting! I can't wait to have a look

we´ve got that tablet pc at the company,its so freaking yummy,damn that thing it costs so much,otherwise i´d buy myself one right away,drawing on it is so much better than using the mouse or even a wacom.
    (cause on wacom you draw on the pad but look at the monitor,whereas with this you draw where you look at,which feels much more natural)

to tony: its coded in flash then reswamped into a standalone app using flash studio pro (to add some extra functionality like saving maps,copying files to folders etc.)
    Last edited by tomsamson; 05-21-2003 at 09:22 AM.

So you can make a Monkey Island / LucasArts point and click adventure with it?...I'm sorry I've just messed the front of my pants.

Squize.

lol,squize you entertainer ,sorry bout your pants,but yep,that´s what it is about
    (actually its whats being done with it right now)
    Last edited by tomsamson; 05-21-2003 at 09:34 AM.

awww sounds like youre making to too easy for everyone to make games. why didnt you do this before i learnt it the hard way?

i don´t think i´m making it too easy.
    i think creating a good game is much more than sitting down and coding it,you need to be really creative to create something which wasn´t there before (or reswamp something like a jump´n´run,which has been done a million times before so its still enjoyable and not boring).
    besides that i just wanted to know if people would be interested in having such an app,for now its not for the public but only for kazoowee team members,maybe it´ll be for sale for a low price if there´s neough demand for it

so,is there interest in such an app?
    if you´re interested,how much would you pay for such an app?

:)

I sugest ya make it freeware

ok,i´ll tell everyone who gets money from me (like for the appartment,the telephone,electricity,water and shops for food etc)
    to give that stuff to me for free and if that works out,i´ll make it freeware,ok?

I've found with the board being at a bit of low recently I've fallen into the trap of just posting spammy smart arse comments, so I'm going to try and make ammends...

With regard creating a good game, it is a lot more than just the development tool you use. Enough fragments of code have been posted on this board to make it possible for pretty much anyone to copy and paste and make a good quality game.

On the other hand you can have all the right ingredients all coded well but still produce a poor game, and I think that's what a lot of people don't get.

I read a magazine the other day with a huge section on game development where they interviewed a lot of top (Flash) game producers ( Including Jobe ) about what makes a good game and the top answers where graphix, multiplayer and quick loading. Not one person mentioned game play, which I find quite scary. It's so easy to treat a game as a "product" which is something I find nasty. By making Flash games little more than an interactive graphical experience I feel the point is being missed.

Sorry if it seems I'm just preaching, and having very little content of my own to back up my moral high ground, and sorry mrpauly if this seems directed totally at your post, it's not (Far from it).

Tom as to your question of "Is it worth releasing", yeah! How many posts have their been recently from people wanting to write games but really not having a clue? By putting some easier to use "middleware" between them and the messy scripting side of things it will allow them to realise some of their designs/ideas. I think people gaining experience of developing games in a really easy manner will improve things all round as game play will become the focus as opposed to getting bogged down in coding.

As to how much, hmmm I'm not really in a position to answer that I'm afraid.

Squize.

PS. I'm off to peel these pants off. Phew, back to being flipant

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    hey !

Looks yummy !!!

Though, before being able to put a "price" on it, i suggest to show a small game created with the app so that people have a better idea of the possibilities of the engine (though, i'm almost sure that it's on its way )

Then, maybe a demo version (like saving disabled) would be perfect to see how it works, if it makes things easier than in Flash, so and so ...

I agree : making a good game doesn't only involve coding, but a rich idea, a good gameplay etc etc, so by making it more accessible to more people, we might be able to play soon to a lot of really good games ...

Freeware could be an idea, with something that generates a splash with "made with Kazoowee Game Kreator" : you would avoid any commercial utilisation, give dedicated people a good opportunity to achieve their projects, and by the same occasion, make great advertising about the "K"ompany ... my 2c ...

Sniff, though : i would have liked to have such a tool for 2K

Ho, one last thing that i never told you and that i realized later : "K"reating isometric maps seems much much easier in 2D than in isometric mode : 2D gives you a better sense of what's going on on the game area ( though, maybe a iso preview could be also really usefull ...

"K"an't wait to see what's following !

Lux is right, a light version would be good! That also makes it easier to test, review and improve! I also like the "K" sound

...and yeah let's make some games to show what the editor is worth ;D

Originally posted by Squize
    I've found with the board being at a bit of low recently I've fallen into the trap of just posting spammy smart arse comments, so I'm going to try and make ammends...
    i actually thought the same after rereading my last post,then again its the sad reality of the world we live in where most things aren´t for free..
    i totally agree with squize and lux,sure its good for a game if it has great coding,good graphix, multiplayermode and quick loading but if it lacks of gameplay,who cares about it for longer than it takes him to realisze what´s missing?
    i think that such an app would raise the quality of games,too,as developers can concentrate on gameplay (and graphics/sound) rather than on how to code it.

. I'm off to peel these pants off. Phew, back to being flipant
    yeah,the way i like best

lux and phreax,i´m thinking about your idea,a demo version with saving disabled or showing a kazoowee title screen may be a good solution.
    you´re right,even for iso games editing in topdown mode is easier (two windows for both views seem to be the best solution for me,too).
    no need to be worried about not having the ed for 2k,once i have time to work on it again,you may have it

Originally posted by phreax

...and yeah let's make some games to show what the editor is worth ;D
    yep