A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash mx cartoon into decent video format?

flash mx cartoon into decent video format?

hello.
    I am trying to find a way of taking simple short animations from Flash mx into any format that can be put onto dvd.

Does anyone know how get out a nice smooth image from flash into a broadcastable form please?

I am an animator working for the first time in flash.
    working with a company that will do all the technical DVD 'authoring' stuff, but they have no experience of flash either...

I have tried Exporting as Quicktime>Play Every Frame (or .swf file) for Image, and Quicktime Video for sound,
    putting them together in Final Cut Pro, which works but the image is jagged and crap,
    worse than just rasterised (I think?) particularly with any collaged bitmap stuff.

I am working on a Mac, Ive got Flash Mx, Quicktime 5(pro),and Final Cut Pro, They've got PC's, all sorts of editing programmes, Flash 4,Windows Avi (I dont), lots of equipment with wires sticking out of it etc.

any advice appreciated
    Practicle stuff: I work on a Mac, although I am not fanatical, I use Flash Mx, but only to convert into video for shows and festivals, I find the web frustrating.thank you for your kind attention.I'm still eating British Bees

fantastic!
    ta very much