A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cookies and Flash

I'm looking for someone to help me with incorporating cookies and Flash for my upcoming website. All I want to do is save some variables into a cookie from the SWF file, and when the person returns to the website it will feed back those variables into the SWF file. If someone can provide ANY information at all on this, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

I'm not sure what stage you are at with this. As you probably know, Flash just generates standard HTTP requests via the Get Url and Load Variables actions.

To write cookies I think you are going to need to pass the variables from the Flash movie to, eg, a javascript or an ASP script.

In order to help, I really need to know whether you intend to implement your cookies in javascript, ASP or Perl/CGI.

Sam

I want to do the cookies through javascripts, cause I don't have any access to cgi or asp servers. Is it possible?

Yes - it is possible to do javascript cookies. It does, however, involve a lot of messing about. Fortunately, you can probably get a pre-fab script at, eg, http://www.dynamicdrive.com

Sam