A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How To Display...

How To Display...

Hi Everybody! I am making a full-length animated WOS (World of Springfield) comic using WOS Figures. I have used FlashMX to animate a small "preview" of the comic. What I need to know is how do I take the SWF file and put it on the internet (Message Board or Website)for viewing? I have never done anything like this before so this is all new to me. Please help? Thanks!

[/]
    Last edited by eggler; 10-14-2009 at 01:51 AM.

Posting Flash on Message Board...

Ok....I have displayed a Flash file in my sig. Now I am having trouble resizing it (for faster page load). I set it at 200x200 and tried it but the file is too big. It seems the page that the file is on takes up more than 200x200. I resized it to 100x100 and it remained the same size. It appears to resize each frame in the movie but it doesn't resize the page that each frame is on. What am I doing wrong or am I missing a step?
    Last edited by CD2003; 05-29-2003 at 05:37 PM.

[/]
    Last edited by eggler; 10-14-2009 at 01:51 AM.

I think what your asking about is stage size. You have to modify the page properties you will find a link off themain menu ...not just scale the image.

Whiterabbit, are you referring to the "Page Setup"? If not, please explain?

Yes...unless they have changed it in later versions (I work in 4) it would be under the "modify" menu --> movie.

There you can set size of actual stage. If you dont set this then your swf is going to be whatever the default size of your stage regardless of animation size.

The only other thing that is going to affect the swf stage size is if the embed tag has been set to scale a percent setting or is an old embed tag not created specifically for that movie. Check the html embed tags for that under Publish Settngs. I think there is a setting there to match movie size, select that and leave it for most of your work.

ie: If your embed1 has a stage 550 x 400 your embed tag will have this value:
    ID=embed1 WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=400>

Obviously if your stage size is 100 x 100 and your using this value for the embed tag...your movie is going to be stretched. Dreamweaver will do this for you also.

Experiment with it and you will get the grasp real quick. Good luck