A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Thumbots Arena

MOD wannabe

Thumbots Arena

Remember me? The kung fu robots game that needed a name... well, that's me.

Ok! Here i am with a (almost finished) BETA version of the game. All levels are there and i added lot of stuff and moves (mostly for the opponents). I know it's a bit long to load but that's the part I intend to work on (about 4 to 7 minutes on a 56k, which is long these days...).

I'de like some honest and intelligent reviews on this one. Will return favor... promise

http://www.freewebs.com/popshop/flash/Combots1.html

I love it

Great graphics, great game play, long load though

And there is a way to get through all the levels very easily, and it involves just holding down one of the buttons

And it would be nice if when you beat the game you can go back and choose to play as some of the other guys.. but overall great game, and oh yea, this is just the beta lol

Im not on 56k modem, but after waiting 10 minutes, I gave up
    Sorry, but that takes forever to download.

MOD wannabe

---

This is not ot normal... It takes about 5 or 6 minutes on a 56k.... Wouldn't blame the game this time.

Edit: Mistaken thread LOL
    Last edited by gilgaMExe; 05-30-2003 at 12:44 PM.

:::::::::::::::
    I like the game a lot... the detection seems really solid. I'd work on the physic a bit though. I think you need to up the friction.
    ::J.Boogie::

MOD wannabe
    Originally posted by krrazyaaron
    I love it

Great graphics, great game play, long load though

And there is a way to get through all the levels very easily, and it involves just holding down one of the buttons

And it would be nice if when you beat the game you can go back and choose to play as some of the other guys.. but overall great game, and oh yea, this is just the beta lol
    1- The loading is my main concern. If i can't get better, i'll distribute the game as a download and forget the online version.

2- Think I know what you mean. Just to be sure, what key was it? I am already working on it. Thanks for the warning...

3- GREAT FREAKIN IDEA... the graphics are there. The major coding is done... I think it would be easy to do...

Thanks again... great review... Just what i needed...

jasonleon:

I'd work on the physic a bit though. I think you need to up the friction.
    Please explain... can't see what you mean... I really would work on it. Just give some examples...

The button I was talkin about was jump kick, you can just hold that down and I won every time.

is your multi preloader real or just simulating it?

MOD wannabe

--

jtnw:
    is your multi preloader real or just simulating it?
    - In fact, my preloader is a little trick by Ibiz Fernendez whish requires no coding (it doesn't help me tough...) but still, the multi preloader reflects the reality.

krrazyaaron:
    The button I was talkin about was jump kick, you can just hold that down and I won every time.
    - Thank you very, very, very much. I did make a system that stopped the user from abusing of the punch and kicks but i never tought the user could just press "8" and win all levels.... It's easy for me to fix that... thanks again...

hey good job, but i dont really like using the number keys to attack.