A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Video Editor

Official Dealer

Flash Video Editor

Hi there...

I'm trying to create a basic video editor in flash.

Basically you would be able drag and drop video clips onto a timeline and and hit a record button which would export the video clips in the order the user has put them in timeline. This would then be exported as a flash file which the viewer could then view, send to friends etc etc.

Does anyone know of some good examples or even documents or tutorials i could read up on as I'm not having much luck researching this project.

Any information would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Robert Barion

I saw an example of this done with star trek clips. Can not remember where. Depending on size of the movies your best bet might be when user drags and drops to store the order as variables in your database and then send an email link, not the actual file, to their friend or whomever.

They would click on the link to pick up their movie sort of like some of the ecard services. I suppose you dont even need a database if you embed the variables in the link, that would be all you need to do. along with a little work in Flash.

I have not thought it out comletely but it would be better than sending the video by email.

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    You might want to check out:
    www.blueprint.net
    They have a server based Flash video media commenting software (which uses our Flix Engine Flash video encoding technology).
    They have more info here:
    http://www.blueprint.net/flash/impac...tDataSheet.pdf

jb
    www.wildform.com

Check out the new Mazda RX-8 site.

Cool Hitchcock/Psycho shower scene editor:http://www.saulbass.net/psychostudio/