A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: different CV's

different CV's

ok so ive graduated in "interactive Multimedia Design"

after looking and realising the total lack of jobs in the uk/ireland for me I've decided to make my CV a little interesting to send off to companies and hopefully will get sometihng!

just wondering what I can do to make mine stand out but not too mad?

has anyone had experiences with making their CV too "artistic" that the employer just doesnt wanna know?

I think a CV should be handled as a promotional thing. You really are selling yourself to a company and you want them to see trust and reliability. I think something professional and too the point is perfect. Of course, it does not need to be boring, it can be artistic in a way that sends out a good feeling.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    A classic CV is still the way to go in my opinion. You never know who the person is thats going to see your CV. What I would do however, is create a folder for the document and insert a cd with your portfolio in there.

Especially if you're starting out your CV wont be as impressive as someone with say 5 years experience, so having the ability for people to immediately see your portfolio is an advantage. Above that not everyone at all companies has internet access, so even if you have a website, they wont be able to see it.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

even i was thinking of how to impress people with my cv... thanks for starting the topic slinky
    i just had a thought of....... why not everybody here post their cv... just to get an idea of how the look and feel should be for newbies like me.... or atleast a sample of how it looks.... that would really help!!

thats a good idea mate about everyone posting up there CV's, I just need to make one now!

I first saw this one (http://ijsr32.infj.ulst.ac.uk/~10214...dleworkscv.pdf ) and wondered i this the way to go? you know, design orientated layout or just basica no strings attached CV?