A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Intercepting right click menu in VB6.0

Still open: How to intercept right click menu from vb6.0.

Heres my problem:

Ok, i dont mind giving the credit due to Macromedia for their Flashplayer control...... but right in the middle of my software is, well, sorta pushin it. I was wondering if any one had any suggestion on how i might go about intercepting the right click menu in VB6.0, any input would be greatly appretiated.

----TranZistor----

Use exescope, tutorial for projector should show you how.

http://www.flashlite.net/tutorials/f4mw_fproj.html

Dave
    immtech@yahoo.com

Thx plenty %:0)

Woops i spoke too soon, i cant edit the menu with exescope... my theory, is that since the executable that is produce at compile-time is still dependant on the presence swflash.ocx.... the menu isnt a resource, its just an uneditable property of the actual control. Since im no great programmer, im just looking for a gimmick to maybe overlay it and intercept all of the right clicks... but pass the rest to the movie. Wishful thinking, but worth asking about. So the question is still open.
    Thx for the reply.

-----TranZistor-----

Lightbulb SOLUTION FOUND!!!!!!

Woopie! I found the answer in my own reply. Ok, since im a VB developer, i usually have to bind all of my dependencies (runtime files) with my standalone executables, for the simple reason of usability; just incase the user doesnt already have the current visual basic runtime library installed. Anyway the flashplayer menu is actually in the swflash.ocx control, editable with exescope. So what i ended up doing was editing the activex control, with exescope, renaming it to avoid an already installed flashplayer from interfering, and binding it with the the executable. So, thanx, and happy flashing!

-----TranZistor-----

P.S.: Do all of the above minus the binding if you dont want to deal with file size increase.
    [Edited by TranZistor on 10-31-2000 at 05:32 PM]