A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

resolved

I didn't realize that Command.com wasn't on the WinNT machines. Well there's an easy way around that.. just make a Win9x version and a WinNT version. The user will download the proper version and all is well. Now if the use deleted the command.com file from the Windows folder, I have another work-around. Simply supply a prompt before the application's main interface that asks you to type in the path to the folder which holds your command.com file. Then set that information into a variable and call it each time you want to start something. Simple. *DING* I just got another idea In addition to your prompt for the path of the file, why not supply a prompt that asks for your OS Version as well? That way It'll know whether it's looking for CMD.EXE or COMMAND.COM in the folder you specify. *shrug* Just ideas. Northcode.. thanks for the info about the NT machines.. that's something I'll consider now every time I make an application

Originally posted by banzy
    Thanks for that, I'll keep note.
    It does seem very strange why one version of flash uses '\' and the other '/' !!!
    I also found out, from hours of not knowing about the '/' is that you can also use a double '\\' for directories....Interesting. For example:
    Folder\\folder2\\app instead of ...
    Folder/folder2/app same thing!!!

Beyond the Sea
    boy, I don't know about asking someone to look up the location of their command.com file. Most people don't even know where the desktop folder is located, or even the program files folder, much less the location of command.com...

but, those are good thoughts on the matter...

Flash needs more of this kind of stuff, or Director needs to come down in price. I want cheap, solid, CD-ROM development, and I want it now!

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    You can have cheap, solid, CD-ROM development in Flash today with SWF Studio (www.northcode.com)

Wow, I wrote this as my first board message in October - 8 months later, I find someone new has replied, and it comes back with nearly 3000 views - do you think this might be a record?!

I don't know why some people insistence on reviving old dead threads.. is some forums it's considered Rude

It should also be noted Banzy that I've been linking to this thread because I haven't updated the documentation for Flashtools 4 (and I haven't released v5.0 doc's yet)
    [Edited by The Master on 07-09-2001 at 05:39 AM]

Why would it be considered rude?

Will you be having an update on your FlashTools soon "Master" ?

It's just considered Rude to restart the discussion but not to find the thread and view it's info..

Some poster's just don't understand enough too look at the date on some thread's.. I'm all for using Flashkit's database of posts to stop the same questions from being asked, I just look down on seeing old thread's refreshed.. (I could lock the thread.. but then again I'm not that kind of moderator )

Yes, there is a new release of Flashtools.. now called Flash Command Line Tools v5.0 (check my profile for the URL)