A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: my folioport

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

my folioport

Let me know what you think about my folioport, I spent a lot of time and hard work on it, and I think its pretty ubercool. I have a hard time judging my own work though, like this one time, I made something I thought was awesome but all my friends said "go to hell, mark" when I showed it to them.

www.mark.acemediastudio.com

well, I think its allright. Maybe an ambience or something would awesome it up. Needs more sound thats for sure. Maybe if I figure out a way to scroll images one after the other without blowing the file size up, i'll add that. That flower image is getting on my nerves and its only been one day.

I'm still learning flash, please don't critique me too hard.

not a bad start at all!

first thing i would do is loose that sound when the squares appear, just leave it without sound if you can't find a better one, in the work section you have a bug in that game button on rollover. one thing i think would improve your site is to have more than a simple text for the buttons, because you inicial interface has stlye but then in each section it becomes just text over solid fill, use the inicial menu button animation you have and apply the style to the buttons in each section don't have to be in square shape. other thing is about hiding the menu when you go to a section, provide users with a little resumed menu at all times, this advice is more like a personal opinion.

great work overall!

I really like the transitions. Could you make the back transition reverse the forward transition instead of reloading the main menu? I think that would look good. I agree about losing the sound when the squares come in.
    The menu in the work section seems like it should do something when you click on it, but nothing happens. Maybe that is in the works.
    If this is a beginner's site, then you have nothing to be ashamed of. It is a nice design.
    Kerry

A pessimist complains about the wind;
    an optimist expects the wind to change;
    a leader adjusts his sails.

(anonymous)
    info@bizmoxsystems.com
    http://www.bizmox-systems.com

awesome site minimal and simple I like.
    flash the planet

great transitions , smooth - nothing wrong!

oh one thing , change the button rollover sound.

the BACK button is annoying as hell
    and it makes the site seem "not smooth"
    It would be hella better if you could just click anywhere on the screen and it would reverse back to the main section with all the menus.

Replaying the initial sqaure fade in sequence everytime really makes u lose the feel of the flow of the site.

But this is excellent work anyway!!

Okay. Not bad at all.. Here are a few sugestions:

[ ] maybe speed up the fading: I know this is not a fast site, but still I got a little bored after waiting for the thing to fade in and out.

[ ] I don't mind the "back" button, but you should get rid of the begining animation once you click back.. just have the main menu fade in.

[ ] Maybe find some better sounds.. the ones you have right now just don't seem to "fit" your style

Otherwise, nice. I really liked the colors!

-Phil

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

I have read all the critiques and updated it a bit. Now instead of reloading the main menu, the sqaure minimizes again and fits back into it's spot.

WEE WOO WAHAW YEEPAHW

I'm keeping the back button, only because its sort of... presenting me... and... I like the idea that the square then fills any leftover space.

Very cool. Looks like all you need now is some sound and content.
    It reminds me of those Hawaiian shirts
    There were a couple little things that I noticed:
    The super markio world button in your work section jumps up when you roll over it (and the rest of the buttons don't, so it looks a little out of place)
    Some of your text is blurry

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

Yeah you guys are right I don't like that button sound at all.

Sounds all mechanical and heavy.

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

Update...

I think its done.

Anything else I could possibly do to fix it up more?

SPAMMER
    Nice site, clean and easy to use. 2 small points, i found it very hard to read the text on the light brown background, in the news section your phone number goes over the edge of the box. Designwise, Good work!

i'm glad to see you're not using the sounds you were using but you have 2 bugs there. in the resume section you phone number goes outside the box and in the work button when you click it there's a slight position change and also when you close that section and it returns to it's place.

it's almost perfect i just think that for usability matters you should provide a menu at all times but since the transitions are good and fast maybe that's not so important. overall it's a good work!

See about getting yourself a new font cause impact just doesn't do it for me...
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Originally posted by robbmcaulay
    See about getting yourself a new font cause impact just doesn't do it for me...
    bleh , i think the font is fine , goes well with the site.

Use some darker fonts because its hard to read the smaller text against that tanned background.

very ncie amte, make the transitions atad quicker and it'll be sweet anbd make the text a bit darker as gloomy says!

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

I think I'll change all content fonts to that soft/dark blue.

Thanks for all the comments!!!