A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: example of designer CV's?

example of designer CV's?

Hi there, I'm currently job hunting and I'd be so greatful if I could see how other designers's CV's are different fro the norm!

My CV (resume) is the same standard resume template. It's my experience that employers don't want to see anything out of the ordinary when looking at resumes. It's a myth.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    It might be okay to show up to an interview with a fancy resume (after they've seen your plaino resume and called for an interview). Something that displays your portfolio or whatever.

Originally posted by gSOLO_01
    It might be okay to show up to an interview with a fancy resume (after they've seen your plaino resume and called for an interview). Something that displays your portfolio or whatever.
    Sure, after the initial meeting, I don't see why not.

cheers guys! I still stick with nice and neat

I'm with them.

My opinion is make the resume look neat, clean, and professional and use your creativity on your portfolio (whether print, electronic, or both).

-monster.

well i think it's safe to say that a designer/developer resume doesn't have to follow exactly the tried and true one page blah blah blah.

someone who has an extensive client list (freelance) and does a lot of different stuff for a full time job, on top of education/training, and objective and waht not, can easily go beyond two pages...

i might end up getting close to three pages soon (but realistically i'm expecting the employer to really care about the first page...)

mine's on my site if you want to check it out...

Señor member
    Mine is 3 pages now but I have included my work, both web portfolios and when I worked as an account manager and various other jobs not related to web design.

I spoke with a recruitment consultant the other week and he gave me some decent advice (no job though) about it.

While most people tend to think creatives should have a more visually appealing CV, apparently a lot of the clients he represented still prefer a traditional CV layout and format as it's often the most efficient way to display your information.

I put hyperlinks to my online work in mine so they can see a list of things I've done and then click on them to launch the work after reading a brief description of it.

The best bet is to check out www.monster.co.uk for their "tips on writing a killer CV" page, it's got some decent advice on what to include etc.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

cheers jamble!

Señor member
    Originally posted by slinky2000
    cheers jamble!
    no worries, don't take it as gospel though because 1. It was a recruitment consultant that said it and we all know what massive bull****ters they are and 2. I haven't found a job with my "normal" cv yet.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand