A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: my job is on the line - help

Sick of the web

my job is on the line - help

I spent the past month creating a Flash HTML hybrid site. Here's the problem

The layout is basic enough.

One table, two rows. Bottom row split
    Flash movie in top row, flash movie in bottom left cell and jpg background in right bottom cell.

The look is a solid object.

The problem is that the Flash and the jpg are not meshing together seamlessly. The Flash is, for reasons unknown, just a pixel or two larger than it is when the same image is a jpg.

In other words, If I use all the same three pieces as jpgs they mesh perfect. But once I take the top image into Flash and the bottom left image into Flash. Then they no longer mesh as a single object on the screen. They are just a fraction off.

Anybody know a reason for this? Or a solution?

thanx

JPG images imported and used in flash are resized about 1 pixel, more or less. It's almost impossible to get jpg images used in flash to mesh with a slice in the html. Worse, if you got it to look close at one resolution and screen size, it will be off when the window is resized or viewed at a different resolution. I have seen some very good meshes though. Pixelranger and Crucial Limit do a very good job of it, but they both use gif's for their background images. You might want to experiment with that.

Sick of the web
    thanks Iaskwhy....

At least knowing that it was a Flash issue and not something I was doing helped me to concentrate on a solution. I will now pass on the solution I came up with in case anyone else runs into this perdicament.

In Flash Take the top flash movie and move the entire movie over 1px to the left. Publish

Take the bottom left movie and do the same.

Now everything lines up accept a pixel region at the bottom but it can be hidden. Now you have a 1px line separating the bottom flash from the jpg because you moved the Flash over.

Create an image which matches the background of your flash movie and place it on a layer below the rest of the movie. This will fill in that 1px separaation region you created.

It's not perfect, but only the most dicerning eye will see the fault line.