Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by Hellsbellboy
    just like the david petley says, conform or be barred
    Reality check here...

Please lead me by the hand to where I said this...

dp
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Well, oh my...

Look. My opinion? I will withhold my opinion. Because, no matter what way I go, I will be attacked. Don't deny it. You know that as soon as you post your opinion, someone who lacks respect for anyone will either troll or flame. A matter of fact, I've lost a lot of respect for certain people in this thread. No names, because they would flame me. I say, with full truth, that this makes me sick. And thats how I feel. Imagine how some newcomers feel. Extremly intimidated, I bet.

Bias is bias, and won't ever change. There will always be close-minded people. Always.

And, I warn, if this post is flamed once, don't be taken aback when you get the same back.

They took $5 million of aid from Columbia for example
    Perhaps they found that the money was being transfered to the massive Drug problems over there? Have you heard? They even have their very own cartel.

I think I've kept my temper pretty level, although it might have lost a little ground up top. Sorry if this offends anyone.

Oh, and please, let's stop with the blatent, uncalled for behavior towards the mods? They deal with more daily than you would realize. Stuff like this...

Have a good day,
    VRK
    Last edited by ViRGo_RK; 07-02-2003 at 08:50 PM.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Originally posted by david petley
    There is no reason why any member of this website should be required to respect any political leader of any country, particularly by moderation.

All are entitled to their express their views and are welcome to publish their own un-sourced, un-substantiated viewpoints, opinions and political agendas.

What is not tolerated is abuse of other members because they express those viewpoints, that is when threads go bad here.

Respect is earned, just accept that if others do not respect your Officials or the government, then that respect has obviously not been earned yet in their eyes. It does not change ones own views surely, so why is there such a need to convince others that they SHOULD respect politicians or governments that you support or believe in.

david p.
    Are you asking me to leave Flashkit DP?

He never said that, GDStudios, so why don't you both just chill?

I know i'm not a moderator, but so this doesn't go sour, please stop arguing. Please?

I'm trying to be authoritive, I would just like this to stop.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by gdstudios
    Are you asking me to leave Flashkit DP?
    No, I am asking you to allow the views of others to be expressed without you labelling them fools, or tools of the devil, or minions of the horned one. Your labelling is the worst thing, the next is your feeling that everybody should hold your opinion or not express themselves.

If you think a fool has posted, don't bother responding to the thread. I don't.

But I am suggesting that if you cannot do that, then maybe it is best for you to find some place where your opinions and expression of them can be allowed free reign

dp

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Too late, you posted in this thread, didn't you?

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
    He never said that, GDStudios, so why don't you both just chill?

I know i'm not a moderator, but so this doesn't go sour, please stop arguing. Please?

I'm trying to be authoritive, I would just like this to stop.
    Authority accepted...anything further that needs to be said about this can be taken to PM, but I am finished.

I didn't even read the post that triggered all of this but if someone doesn't believe the contents, they have every right to express disagreement.
    ...exactly the same as anyone who agrees with the views has the same right to express their agreement.

But I am not sure that labelling those that disagree as 'morons' really promotes any civilised debate.

I will not close threads because a few people seem to show disrespect for any government or political leader.

david

No, I am asking you to allow the views of others to be expressed without you labelling them fools, or tools of the devil, or minions of the horned one. Your labelling is the worst thing, the next is your feeling that everybody should hold your opinion or not express themselves.

dp
    Sorry virgo, not this time my friend...

DP:

Hah. FACT: I never labeled anyone satan or a minion of the horned one. FACT: I never said that everyone should hold my opinion.

Your opinion of me is disturbing to say the least. Do you honestly think that just because a SuperMod at FK flings completely false accusations at me I will be discouraged. All I have ever been here is attacked and lambasted, laughed at by the higher ups. You think I'm an idiot David?

David, would you consider yourself an open-minded individual? Do you accept all points of view at FK? Rhetorical question because the answer will embarass you. Do yourself a favor and plead the Fifth. Oh wait, that's a crummy American Amendment. We can't be supportive of that can we?

I just figure that since FK has become a bastion for the extreme Left and those who despise America, its culture, ideals, morals and very way of life. I want to make it a bastion of moderation! My hope is that long time members like TGLC and VR, two members who I know agree with my views of the Lounge, will stand up more vigorously against lies, deceipt and sheer idiocy. Know what I am saying? To be moderate and accepting of all views is something you should learn as much as it is something I need to grasp. Silly that I need to explain this to you, given our age difference and your knowledge of world history and events. All I seek is a fair and balanced reprsentation of facts and reality here. YOU are the ones who have turned this forum into a political debate fest, not me. So you grow up! I shall follow in kind. Boy would I just love to meet you some day. What a fun conversation we would have.

Authority accepted...anything further that needs to be said about this can be taken to PM, but I am finished.

I didn't even read the post that triggered all of this but if someone doesn't believe the contents, they have every right to express disagreement.
    ...exactly the same as anyone who agrees with the views has the same right to express their agreement.

But I am not sure that labelling those that disagree as 'morons' really promotes any civilised debate.

I will not close threads becuase a few people seem to show disrespect for any government or political leader.

david
    I do not label anyone who disagrees morons - not in this thread. I labeled the author of the article referenced in this thread as a moron because he is. His stupidity is not helpful and does nothing but spur seething hatred and stagnant inaction where very serious matters are concerned. We shouldn't be and, thank God, are not governed by imbecilic conspiracy theorists who make up blatantly false mis representations of facts to account for their blunt lack of knowledge of real-world affairs. That's all this is. And, in fact, that is all most threads here are. Let's have intelligent political debate. Perhaps about real world things. Not things that may be. Don't we, David as older folks in the Community, have a responsibility to nurture the younger folks by leading by example and arguing things intelligently? What is a conspiray theory, but a demonstration of ones lack of knowledge of reality, whereby they manifest falsities to make themselves appear more sophisticated. That's all they are. They only serve a purpose to those in support of the agenda they purport. In this case, America-bashing - in other cases - Bush bashing.

I appreciate the PM's of support people, but you need to get this out in the public eye so we can crush this malevolent uselessness that is America/Bush-bashing at Flashkit
    Last edited by gdstudios; 07-02-2003 at 09:24 PM.

Sorry for my mistype. it was supposed to be "I'm not trying to be autoritive, but just stop arguing."

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Well, I tried. But I can see that both of you are so willing to go at each other's troats that nothing can stop you. Good day, and I hope that both of you save your image in the face of Flashkit....
    Last edited by ViRGo_RK; 07-02-2003 at 09:24 PM.

You see wasters, I see suppliers. And I'm not at all surprised by your inability to see how inappropriate this thread is. If you did, it would be closed already. Though you are the only somewhat moderate moderator at Flashkit, I have seen your temper flare when matter of race have been brought up. So I know you have participated too. It's okay, I can understand your plight, Gerbick. Imagine how the Jewish members of Flashkit feel on a daily basis here.
    Gee thanks. And I can also assume that I should have expected you to over-analyze my words, and not get my point.

Here it is in non-negotiable English that even you could understand:
    • I believe in freedom of speech. I allow you to spout out your **** as well as I allow other people to spout out their ****. I don't agree with 5% of the **** here, but hey... I allow it. It doesn't mean **** to me other than it is just that... ****.

As far as the Jewish people here... why stop there? Don't want to deem you insensitive. What about all of the bull**** african-americans have to endure. I'm a ****ing super-minority here... but I don't complain. And I will stand up when some idiot brings up race or anything else indecent for that manner. Can't discuss civilly? Stay the hell out of it then. About the race issue, I did it before I was a mod, continued to do so after I became a mod. In fact, I'm the reason why the n-word was finally added to the censor list because it was not, for some reason, added prior to me noticing it. Go figure.

That's my personal battle... you have yours it seems.

As an American here, I don't give a rat's ass about what some European or Australian or whomever else wishes to say bad about America. I've been to a lot of countries, and I can say about as many bad things about them as they say about us... but I don't want to sling mud and two wrongs don't make a right.

You have this thing about pointing me out. Next time, take it to e-mail. All you did was slice and dice my 2+2 equation and came up with 2,303 somehow. All I can ask is that you see beyond my so-called "moderation" and see that I just don't see a point in all of the anger and misplaced blame on a board where anonymity is the norm. Hell, I don't even agree with most of the mods here when it comes to politics. And I don't play favorites.

And that "wasters" comment... that was said from a non-American standpoint. Unlike many on this board, I don't suffer from egocentricism to a fault. I can see what they are saying... even if I don't agree with one damn word of it.

Understand? If not... take it to e-mail. This will be my absolute last time addressing you in a public forum about your blatant disregard to my verbiage. You simply assumed wrong again.
    Last edited by gerbick; 07-02-2003 at 09:28 PM.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

*saves to myFK*

two wrongs don't make a right.
    Let me remind you, though, that threee lefts do.

Come now, lets all be **** happy.

He does his job and stays out of hairy situations and sticky debates, just as many of you children and adults (unfortunately) should do.
    Why not do the same?

Originally posted by gerbick
    Why not do the same?
    Well, your last post was completely unnecessary, as I was in no way attacking you, merely stating - in a somewhat snide manner - that I understand why certain issues make you upset. Jewish members at Flashkit - myself being one - must endure some of the most ludacrisly insensitive garbage ever put forth by allegedly civilized people. I completely understand your last post.

And, yes, you're right. Once my leaders (mods) grow up - you usually not included - I shall do the same. Why should I amend my ways, I have nothing to lose here. The mods have the say and the power to allow and disallow whatever they want. You know what they say and Flashkit is certainly a textbook case - absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even in the small time, such as in the FLashkit Coffee Lounge. It really is universal.

Is it just me, or does it seem that every flame war on this board revolves around gdstudios??? Coincidence?

What gives, gds?

Love,

Worlds Biggest Bush Fan.

Naw. You'd never attack me. Right?

Write jstarkey please stating how inappropriate I am, and how I just don't measure up according to your own criteria. Ok?

And just for the record, America never landed on the moon.

absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even in the small time, such as in the FLashkit Coffee Lounge.
    Only markp

..kidding

If I were you, Phenomonal, I would duck. As you notice, yes, Gd gets into alot of wars. But he, and everyone for that matter, don't need people baiting them on.

Write jstarkey please stating how inappropriate I am, and how I just don't measure up according to your own criteria. Ok?
    Sounds like Gerbick wants that chain cut loose, does he?

Then you would be allowed to get really nasty.

Just kidding,
    VRK

But he, and everyone for that matter, don't need people baiting them on.
    Im not baiting anyone on.... I am sitting here finishing up work, having a beer(or 2--possibly 3) and laughing at this hilarious thread. I am just making an observation...gdstudios seems to be the center of a lot of wars on this board...am I wrong?

I LOVE this board. People take stuff so seriously here!!!! Sadly, it is probably the only outlet some people have to express themselves to other people... (That is NOT directed at anyone in particular)...... My coworkers and I take several FK breaks throughout the day to read these forums...It is almost as funny as some of the requests that come in through our helpdesk...ALMOST...

What ever happend to Rosie and the Originals?

Originally posted by phenomenalCat
    It is almost as funny as some of the requests that come in through our helpdesk...ALMOST...
    What could be funnier than FK?