A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Email writting technique

One day older, one day wiser rafiki55's Avatar

Email writting technique

A client mentioned that a friend might be interterested in having their website redone (this was a few months ago)

Anyways...about a week and a bit ago, I emailed this friend saying that I did a website for ____ and they mentioned that you might be intersted in have your site redone. I asked if they are still interested and to give me an email back.

So it's been a week and a bit with no reply.

How would I go about writing a follow up email? I don't want to sound pushy...but I want to get the job still.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Re: Email writting technique

Originally posted by rafiki55
    A client mentioned that a friend might be interterested in having their website redone (this was a few months ago)

Anyways...about a week and a bit ago, I emailed this friend saying that I did a website for ____ and they mentioned that you might be intersted in have your site redone. I asked if they are still interested and to give me an email back.

So it's been a week and a bit with no reply.

How would I go about writing a follow up email? I don't want to sound pushy...but I want to get the job still.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.
    i wouldn't do it at all.

your friend may not have known what time frame the potential gig was working on or what may have come up...

you've made the first step, now the guy has your contact info, i'd leave it at that.

it's one thing to follow up on proposals, it's another to continue following up on cold leads...i'm in the same position with one clown who won't even write me back, but my friend runs into him once or twice a month, and hears the same thing...i've written it off...