A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what do you do for clients hosting, domains, etc.

$70 for 250 seems a little much, but it must be because its in australian (i dont remember the conversion to american). Just for reference, my biz cards cost $120 for 1000 and thats full (4) color, and they cost $90 for 500. Not sure the pricing structure at vista print but at most print shops the more you get is a much better deal. the print shop i worked ate barely ever sold less than 500 biz cards at a time. "If you need less than 500, you don't need any" was what my boss said. I go through about 50-100/week.

Just tryin to tell ya that some of the larger businesses that you approach might want more than 100 or 250, especially if they hafta wait 1 1/2 months to get them. Check local print shops for price breaks and see when they are cheaper compared to vistaprint.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

"If you need less than 500, you don't need any" was what my boss said. I go through about 50-100/week.

What city are you in MG315..
    Last edited by Jaffasoft; 10-10-2003 at 08:03 AM.

Live in The Woodlands, TX - hour away from downtown houston
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

one of my clients paid 150USD for a domain owned for 2 years. The company they bought it from didn't even gave them an admin password to change nameservers and stuff. It took me 2 weeks to made that company change the NS to point to the client's account (which i sold, with my reseller account). We've been trying for more than a month so they give us an admin pass. The thing is, it's not that they don't want to, it's that they don't know how to. Even after i tracked the domain and found the main company where it's registered, with specific instructions of how to sell, setup domains, and give admin password to clients.

Anyway, my client felt so stupid when i told him i bought my domain for 8USD.

I offer hosting and only to clients, not as a way to earn more money, but because it's easier for me to admin, and give them what they need (let's say they need 2 MYSQL, 4 users, 20 email accounts, etc, i just set it up and sell them).

About domains, most clients usually buy them themselves.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Originally posted by argonauta

I offer hosting and only to clients, not as a way to earn more money, but because it's easier for me to admin, and give them what they need (let's say they need 2 MYSQL, 4 users, 20 email accounts, etc, i just set it up and sell them).

About domains, most clients usually buy them themselves.
    what reseller do you use?

i do the same as argonauta and use www.midphase.com

great company, great service, great price
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

which plan are you on? and do you use any of the sowfftware that comes with their packages?

thanks

what kind of software packages interests you ? onlibe billing / invoicing ? customer management / online payment gateway integration ? domain registration api's workability ? affiliate / plan creation wizards ?

my partner handles most of the hosting stuff but i believe we are on the $34.50/month one. not sure if we use the software though

this is how we started it. We wanted to make money from hosting so we could have some recurrent income (not main source of income but it helps). We couldn't find a good host that would give us a monthly payment back for clients' hosting so we wanted to go with reseller. BUT one of our clients brought up the point that they want a well known host rather than us because since this isnt our main business (hosting that is) he can't be guaranteed his site will be hosted 5 years from now. What we did was we used the midphase name and testimonials and presented those to clients to show its a good company, then they paid for the $7.95/mt plan. once we had enough clients, we bought a reseller and transferred them over to that. Keeping the same pricing structure they have on the site, we are able to make some money back each month.
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

i'm with tublu (featuredhost.com) it's been great so far. Small company, but personalized attention (small comparing with myacen, which was my other option).

I got one of my clients with mediatemple, although they are happy with the hosting, they think they're paying too much (duh! )
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

I go through about 50-100/week.
    Have you considered handing out a magnet , they last longer. I just recieved a offer from vistaprint for 25 magnet for $9.90,. thats 9.90 your money.