A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Load Movie problems...

•• HELP, NOW V. URGENT •• - Load Movie problems...

Bit of a newbie, so please bear with me...

I've got a flash presentation which I'm producing a projector from. I've been given a swf from a third party to import in my presentation. The swf is not the same stage size as mine and was used as a popup movie previously. Therefore when I bring it in its smaller than my stage and goes top left and I see the items bleeding off what would have been its stage (therefore not seen). The swf is also a minute long and I only want to use the first 20 seconds or so.

Can I load the movie and crop it so that I only see what I'm meant to see and also position it elsewhere on the stage?

Can I also control how long the movie plays so that I only get the first 20 seconds or so?

What's the best way to ensure that my movie waits for the swf to play out then move onto its next frame automatically?

All help very appreciated.
    Last edited by pixelgd; 07-10-2003 at 04:15 AM.

yes you can do it..

just make a place_holder movie clip try to load the external movie into it.

and about controlling the movie you have to know the internal funtioning of the movie( how many mc's and frames are used ).

Originally posted by sutar
    yes you can do it..

just make a place_holder movie clip try to load the external movie into it.

and about controlling the movie you have to know the internal funtioning of the movie( how many mc's and frames are used ).
    When you say create a place_holder clip, how do I do this. I now how to create a movie clip but how do I crop the physical size of the incoming swf file? I assume then I can place my movieclip on the stage in the position I want?

Is there a way to crop the time length of the movie within the movie clip I'm going to make, and get it right through trial and error as the author of the swf is not available and uncontactable?

Banned
    You would have to mask the container movie clip.

As for loading an external movie clip, check this:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/loading.htm

When your external movie is loaded, you can get the total frames number, and with a control movie clip stop that movie playing at any given frame.
    If you have stopped your main movie from playing, you could in the same control mc, have it play, when you stop the external movie.

place_holder mc is nothing just a blank movie clip which will be placed on the main stage to place the incoming movie.

for resizing the mc just get the stage size

Stage.height
    Stage.width

lets say half of the size

than
    my_Place_MC.height = Stage.height/2 ;
    my_Place_MC.width = Stage.width/2 ;

I think this will solve

Banned
    Sutar...

Re-read the questions!

Originally posted by oldnewbie
    You would have to mask the container movie clip.

As for loading an external movie clip, check this:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/loading.htm

When your external movie is loaded, you can get the total frames number, and with a control movie clip stop that movie playing at any given frame.
    If you have stopped your main movie from playing, you could in the same control mc, have it play, when you stop the external movie.
    Thanks for the above link. I now understand how to get the swf in. How do I then mask the swf so that I don't see the unwanted. I know how to produce a mask normally but not in this instance. And finally are they any options with respect to shortening my swf file?

Thanks again.

Can anyone please help with the above, getting desperate!!!

Thanks

Someone must know how to do this, very urgent now, ppplllleeeassssseee help!!!!