A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metalic Feeling

[SHIFT9]

Hi aLL

I really like these metallic - smooth sites. How can i make my site as that ?? Which programs are used to do that ?
    Last edited by Old_User_2; 07-15-2003 at 04:32 AM.

With Photoshop and some filters you could get there.
    Greetz,
    Mat

HoW ?

Sometimes just the right colors and a 3d program is all it takes. I find that the right blend of colors on a layout matching up with the background brings it all together. Get to know your graphic programs and think of ways to combine them in flash ...nobody needs to see another 2advanced rip off.
    Last edited by Kayol R.Hope; 07-12-2003 at 11:07 AM.

Originally posted by Kayol R.Hope
    Sometimes just the right colors and a 3d program is all it takes. I find that the right blend of colors on a layout matching up with the background brings it all together. Get to know your graphic programs and think of ways to combine them in flash ...nobody needs to see another 2advanced rip off.

for metal....

make a new image, 300 x 300 (or however big you want) and give it a white background. then make the foreground color dark grey, and the background color light grey. now use filter/render/clouds
    now go to filter/noise/add noise and make sure the "monochromatic" box is checked, and use an amount of around 15-20.

then use filter/blur/motion blur and make it go horizontal, with a 999 value.

then play with the brightness/contrast, or for a little more shiny, try adding some lighting effects

ThX aLL

nobody needs to see another 2advanced rip off.
    hey 2advanced do not hold copyrights over circles in logos check his site out nothing like 2advanced mine aint so wheres your point????????????????????????????????

Originally posted by CDP-Design
    hey 2advanced do not hold copyrights over circles in logos check his site out nothing like 2advanced mine aint so wheres your point????????????????????????????????
    Now Playin': Avril Lavigne - I'm with you

Oh, I'm sorry I just meant that alot of people learn how to do the metalic look and add some 3D but it ends up looking like something inspired by 2advanced instead of something orginal. I wasn't trying to get into copyright issues or anything. I was just suggesting something mind blowing and different. I'd like to see people push the limits of webdesign and great far better sites than that of 2advanced which could be used to inspire others. I guess my comment wasn't explained very well sorry.

Oh, I'm sorry I just meant that alot of people learn how to do the metalic look and add some 3D but it ends up looking like something inspired by 2advanced instead of something orginal. I wasn't trying to get into copyright issues or anything. I was just suggesting something mind blowing and different. I'd like to see people push the limits of webdesign and great far better sites than that of 2advanced which could be used to inspire others. I guess my comment wasn't explained very well sorry.
    I'm sorry too - i think i didn't read it well

i use flash

but you already know that
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

Originally posted by Nionicle
    i use flash

but you already know that
    Yeah - and u use it PERFECT !!

what he creates everything in flash

yeah...4 example his avatar - completely flash.

Originally posted by TheSmaug.com
    yeah...4 example his avatar - completely flash.
    besides the avatar.. any other examples?

omg i have a new god all hail Nionicle have you got a website because id love to see some one make a mettalic interface out of gradients. Not impossible but to get it right would take skill.

Yeah I am working on a site right now.

I do make everything in flash.
    It is all I have =)
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

ok i cant wait to see your site then designers who can pull of realistic effects with gradients are gifted shame im not one fo them

Thanx 4 the avatar help again, Nionicle...