A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: v3 Release Date?

Unprofessional

Hi
    There are people who use Swish as a means of putting bread and butter on the table , l for one have three jobs on that need more than Swish2 , l,ll just tell my clients that their jobs are in limbo because l have no idea when this new version will be out , or l can just forget about Swish3 and fire Flash up , which is a pain in the butt , the point lm making is that the we will tell you when its ready and not before rubbish shows no consideration for the users of Swish trying to plan a schedule , we are not talking about a game here where this attitude is common , but a piece of software used in business , look at adobe , macromedia etc , they give release dates 6mths in advance because they consider the people that use their programs , l think the attitude of the Swish developers is childish and unprofessional considering its been forever coming and at this late stage not even giving us users a tentative release date is just not right .

Rod

Hello Rod.

I moved this post out of the request for input on the new version because it does not contain constructive comments or feature requests.

This topic has been much discussed and, as per tradition, this thread is now closed. PM me if that presents a problem.

Many of us use Swish to earn a living. I am one of them. I have also had many discussions with teh designers, and I can assure you that this is a top priority for SwishZone as a whole. Unfortunately, Swishzone does not have even a fraction of the staff that the other companies you mentioned, and as a result, development is a bit slower. I also know from the thread I piulled this post from that the new version will rival Flash in many, many ways - still at a fraction of the cost of Flash.

I also know that these designers are doing everything imaginable to ensure a release as bug-free as possible. Something many companies do not do. I appreciate that, as it ensures my work will not be lost, costing me valuable development time with my clients.

Think of v3 as a child. It will not be born until it is ready to come out.

- DR
    While changing my profile, I accidentally clicked the link that said
    "Add 'Dead Rabbit' to your Ignore List"
    so now I can't talk to myself anymore...

The Repository -:- The Forum