A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help please!

help please!

I posted a while ago asking how to call up an swf in a seperate cell of an html table...I am wondering if this is the wrong idea.

What are the other ways I can make it easy for my client to update a small portion of text on a Flash page?

I included a jpeg of what the site looks like for a visual reference...the LEFT side is the only piece that will need to be updated.

Please help me I want to present the site tomorrow with at least an explaination of how the content will be updated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2.08Ghz AMD Athalon XP - 333Mhz FSB - 2.02Gb RAM - DUAL 19" Flat Screen (Graphics Series)

hi

i dont know if this is already too late, but there are a few ways you can allow your customer to update this text (you mean the news text right?)..

one is to have the customer update text in a text file (news.txt, for example) and all the customer has to do is place this updated text file back on the server.....

or creating a small database and using PHP to call up the info in the database. with this way, you can create a html administrator site (a formular) for this customer and all the customer has to do it go to this administrator site, write the info into a form and this text will automatically be written into the database and will be shown in the flash site.

both of these possibilities have been explained either in the forums here or in tutorials, i believe.

kat
    back to flashing...woohoo!