A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tweened lines = Box why can i not fill with paint bucket

Tweened lines = Box why can i not fill with paint bucket

Hi,

I dry 4 animated lines that created a perfect box, easy so far...
    I then want to fill the area in the middle with a colour but it will not allow it.

However if i then draw 4 more lines with one of original box lines intersecting (what are now instances of a graphic image lines from the origianl box.) copy (IE cutting my new box in half. When i fill my new box it recognises the graphic instance as a boundry on only fills half the box.

I am hugely frustrated with this as it should be a simple task.

File is attached, i want to fill any of the areas with colour inside the outermost line.

Pat
    Attached Files Attached Files

All the objects on your last frame are symbols.
    On the last frame select all of them, then use Modify->Break Apart.
    This will leave you with a shape that can then be filled.

Chris
    http://www.**********-dms.com

Resident Shostakovich Scholar
    Flash's drawing and fill tendancies can take a while to get to grips with. To cut a long story short, remember the following distinction:

1) You can fill in shapes, with a number of pre-sets (e.g. fill behind, fill selection, fill inside etc).

2) You CANNOT draw on or paint inside a symbol. A symbol is a grouped instance of what was once a drawn object (in your case). To colour it in you need to directly edit the symbol (right click, Edit).

It's also worth remembering that as soon as you animate something, it becomes a symbol whether you like it or not, and Flash defaults it to the library with a name like 'Tween 3' or something.

Hopefully this will help.

Lines over fill

Quote Originally Posted by Mitya View Post
    1) You can fill in shapes, with a number of pre-sets (e.g. fill behind, fill selection, fill inside etc).
    Is this still true for CS3? I can't find this option but I'm looking for "fill inside" option since when you make an object with lines and fill half of the line is always over fill (if you make squares with lines and fill and put them together and than delete all the lines you don't get any spaces between fills.. it's all one big fill... I don't want that). Please help!

use convert lines to fills in modify > shape