A Flash Developer Resource Site

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: New puzzle game...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ryaareet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Durham, UK.
    Posts
    182

    New puzzle game...

    Ok, nearly complete now...check it out, report bugs..you know the drill.

    http://www.hairybullet.com/games/squiz/squiz_index.htm

    Cheers.
    Ryaareet

  2. #2
    Senior Member tonypa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    8,227
    Didnt give me new set when I ran out of tiles, so I couldnt continue

  3. #3
    A very senior man mrpauly99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cool Britania
    Posts
    429
    had a little problem at the start, it hung on loading with the word start onscreen. had to refresh

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6
    as above ^^
    i like the internet because i dont have to wash.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ryaareet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Durham, UK.
    Posts
    182

    Let me know....

    If anyone finds a bug can you tell me what level it is on..If poss send me a pic.

    ryaareet@hairybullet.com

  6. #6
    Moderator
    FK Junkie
    TiefighT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    683
    Looks great, very original, runs well, and could be addicting.

    I didn't run into any of the above problems, so either you've fixed them, or I'm lucky .

  7. #7
    Senior Member Ryaareet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Durham, UK.
    Posts
    182

    Bugs

    Every level is generated by the computer so tracking down the bug is proving very difficult. I cant see how if 99% of levels work then how does this bug creep in. Oh well, on I go.

    They say 90% of a job is done in 10% of the time, the last 10% takes the remaining 90% of the time. I can well believe it.

    If you dont get a bug then thats good.
    But a bug is a bug and I will track it down...oh yes.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ryaareet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Durham, UK.
    Posts
    182

    Modified Puzzle game...

    Ok...it was a bit hard so Ive altered the gameplay.
    See what you think.


    http://www.hairybullet.com/games/squiz/squiz_index.htm

    Match four similar shapes to form a square.

  9. #9
    -= phil =- d3s_inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    610
    Well, I like both game play types.. The only thing I don't like about the new one is that the shapes keep on coming and filling every single spot.. That just bothers me... If only they did not fill everyspot.

    Very nice though.. and I am suprised how fast it runs..

    Oh, and this is bothering me.. I think you mean rectangles not squares.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Ryaareet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Durham, UK.
    Posts
    182
    Ok Ok rectangles.....point taken. I had to keep filling the squares..It was in my brief. Other than that it worked out pretty good.

  11. #11
    Senior Member tonypa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    8,227
    As I dont like too much timed puzzle games anyway, new version is somehow distracting to me. Old version looked and feeled like good puzzle, new is more of clicking fast anywhere.

    If you really want the new version, maybe there should be some changes, like:

    1. give more time for each symbol removed, making goal mostly "for how long can you survive"

    or

    2. remove all the symbols from rectangle, making the goal "clear the table"

    Current version Im afraid is confusing. The fact that symblos inside rectangle change shape and that new symbols keep coming makes it impossible to plan ahead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center