A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash MX Newbie!

Flash MX Newbie!

I finally have time to do this but I have been having a hard time learning flash. Finally I get the time again. I recently bought Lynn Kyles Flash course, but I haven't been able to use it. For some reason it is not working or maybe I just don't know what I am doing. Anyway what do you people suggest that would help me learn this stuff quickly. By the way I have Flash MX. Please help.lol thank you in advance!

Go through the tutorial step-by-step in the Macromedia help menu and then I recommend reading the Russell Chun books. One of them is Macromedia Advanced, but I think there's one for beginners as well. After that, you should be able to get around fine. Try just playing around with the tweening stuff. Make a ball. Right click on frame 10 and insert a key frame and then highlight all the area in between, right click again and choose "motion tween". In the last frame (frame 10) move the ball somewhere else on the screen. In the "View" icon at the top of the screen, choose "test Movie" and see your final product. After you get comfortable with that, things will start falling into place.