A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My first flash site...

My first flash site...

Here is my first flash site I've done...

http://www.emgautomation.on.ca/

tell me what you think. I'm hoping to use it to show people what I can do (cuz I want to start doing websites for money). I'm sure some of you have had more experience then me with making money at this stuff. Any tips or advice on how to get things started and/or how to find work?

Thanks,

~Jesse

PS. the site isn't quite finished yet... i still have to do the "standard projects" and "past projects" section.

but everything else is pretty much done for now

i thought the drop shadow in the employment section is a bit too far off the text, so was disturbing to my eye. Also the scroll on the mission statement part is a bit quick (for my old eyes )

otherwise, I thought it a good clean site.

thanks for the advice... ill fix that stuff up when i get to work tomorrow

At the start your intro never stops until you click the button skip intro.Also I saw that in every single page you made an appearing effect except the contact section!Why?Besides that I don't have any complainings.The site is with clean design and easy to navigate but try to make the loading time smaller.
    Peace!!!

thanks... i made the intro never stop so that if the user minimized the window while it loaded.... the user would still see the intro when they got to the page. also, i tried to optimize the file and the images within the file, and i got it down to about 50% of the original file size! (thats what the "slow connection" links to). i dont know what else to do to it for file size .......on high speed connections, it loads beautifully, and i wanted a page that was eye catching (hard to do and make small enough for 56k). also, the contact page is not the only page that wont have appearing effects. the "standard projects" and "past projects" are actually going to load up html files that are easier to edit than flash files. i am still planning on animating the employment page tho.

anyways, thanks for your time!
    ~Jesse

wiggle your jiggle TrytoAnimate's Avatar
    Hey. Pretty cool site. The only thing that I really noticed was how sometimes when you're moving from page to page the part where the image and the part where the text is located flip flop... know what I mean? That kinda distracted me a little.

But otherwise, pretty cool

I think its pretty good for ur first time!
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

ShytKicka
    I don't believe its your first time. First timers cant make 3d objects and integrate it in flash and all the masks u made. You mustve made some site before that please dont BS on these forums.

FK's Offical Avatar Hijaker Dr.Funk's Avatar
    Excellent work for a first site!!!

I didnt care for the cursive font.. thats the only thing that stuck out.

Nice work!
    'of course this land is dangerous; all of the animals are capably murderous.... na na NA NA na na NA NA na na' - Janes Addiction
    'if you want a friend feed any animal' - Janes Addiction

Even if there is only one, unique set of possible laws, it is only a set of equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations, and makes a universe for them to govern. why does the universe bother to exist? Is the ultimate unified theory so compelling, that it brings about its own existence, or does it need a creator, and if so who created it? - credits SH

FK's Offical Avatar Hijaker Dr.Funk's Avatar
    Originally posted by ShytKicka
    I don't believe its your first time. First timers cant make 3d objects and integrate it in flash and all the masks u made. You mustve made some site before that please dont BS on these forums.
    If you cannot offer proof to an accusation then why bother to waste our time and better yet why look like jealous fool all because you cannot trust people.

INAdrummer this guy is a fool! You will find many of them here dont let that discourage you!
    'of course this land is dangerous; all of the animals are capably murderous.... na na NA NA na na NA NA na na' - Janes Addiction
    'if you want a friend feed any animal' - Janes Addiction

Even if there is only one, unique set of possible laws, it is only a set of equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations, and makes a universe for them to govern. why does the universe bother to exist? Is the ultimate unified theory so compelling, that it brings about its own existence, or does it need a creator, and if so who created it? - credits SH