A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: blurred text ?!? Any Solutions ?

blurred text ?!? Any Solutions ?

As probably some of you have noticed, when u have multiple text-fields in flash MX, with the same font, size, color etc, you may notice that 1 or 2 of the 3 textfields may go "blurry", now Im basically wondering if anyone else run into this sort of problem ? And is there a solution for this ?!? Because honestly, its making my nice looking layouts look weird, and what makes it even weirder is when you see that the other textfields are not blurred at all

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

(Look at the 2 news textfields on the righ-hand side, and you'll know what Im talking about)
    http://cgnation.netfirms.com/Flash/cgnsplash7.html
    Last edited by TRJNET; 08-07-2003 at 03:31 AM.
    consultant / contractor / designer

flashing since v3
    this is due to what's known as anti-aliasing.
    flash renders text into vectors, and vectors are mapped out on your screen from pixel to pixel... curves made from tiny tiny blocks...

curves and lines that are not dead horizontal or verticle will anti-alialize (sp) causing blurring

pixel fonts are so last year, and are *****es to set up in flash due to the anti-alias problem...

there are thousands of threads in this forum covering the subject

good luck
    my blog ::www.chriswardonline.com
    where i work :: www.anydoc.com
    Flash Communications Server project :: www.want2cam.com

Try selecting the sections that are blurred and hit control+I. This brings up the position box. Ensure that its x and y coordinates are whole numbers. That might help. Of course, if you already knew all that, disregard my statement as you are probably beyond my scope of knowledge. I certainly do not mean to patronize.

Herk
    - Blind Faith runs into things! -

You may wana go to a pixle font. Or try changing the color of the font. May also try embeding the font in your MC.

GL

thnx guys !
    consultant / contractor / designer

Quote Originally Posted by Herk
    Try selecting the sections that are blurred and hit control+I. This brings up the position box. Ensure that its x and y coordinates are whole numbers. That might help. Of course, if you already knew all that, disregard my statement as you are probably beyond my scope of knowledge. I certainly do not mean to patronize.

Herk
    Dude, not at all patronizing, as it fixed my problem immediately! It was driving me a little insane....

Thanks!

Hehe, wow! this is a very old thread. However, I'm really glad you found what you needed.
    - Blind Faith runs into things! -

I run into small un-aliased text blurring. The important fact is that it blurs in a SWF that is loaded into another SWF. When loaded into an empty box area, the loaded SWF has blurry text. When opened alone, though, the text is fine. Does it happen because of viewers' screen resolution? I am using Flash 8 Pro.

I tried making X, Y whole numbers but no dice. The font I am using is Verdana size 10.

For an example of un-blurry text used to perfection, see thefwa.com. How do they do it? I feel dumb for trying the figure this out...

JIM
    Last edited by jldami2; 11-26-2005 at 11:26 PM.