A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: updating or replacing the built in flash player in an EXE or MAC proj. file

updating or replacing the built in flash player in an EXE or MAC proj. file

all right kiddies , as we all know the flash player is full of bugs and some of the bugs have been worked out , however I have made a CD-ROM with an exe. that technically needs to use the flash player 6,0,65 build or later, however it seems that there is no way of updating the stand alone player or the built in exe player that comes build into your flash exe file or MAC proj. , that version is 6,0,22 which has some major defects................. ANYONE KNOW A WORK AROUND ? besides playing it in a browser.

Any suggestions, news , info, words of wisdom would be greatly apprciated,,

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    For Macromedia Flash authors only: (you need to have the Flash authoring environment installed) Plugin installers, ActiveX control installers, Standalone players, and Test Movie players, both Debug and Release versions 6,0,79,0 are available from

Macromedia Flash Support Center Downloads
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/downloads.html

You want to install the Macromedia Flash Player 6 Update for Flash MX. That will update the Flash standalone player on your machine so that when you build EXE files, they use the latest player.

Once you build an EXE with Flash you are free from dependencies on the player that your users have installed. Flash EXE files are completely standalone!

good looking out my friend

I owe you big time. thanks for the leg work you saved my ass. word macromedia isn't half as backward as I feared. thanks again really