A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: dumb max newbie question

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin

dumb max newbie question

How do you prevent biped elements from rendering? I have been hiding and unhiding untill now, but for the fortune that max costs, Im sure that theres another way. After about 10 minutes of RTFM, I thought that I better ask the x-perts (you guys).
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

There are several ways. You can create a named selection set for all the Biped links, then hide/unhide the entire collection. You can place the Biped on a separate layer, then toggle the render property of that layer, or right-click on each link, select Properties, then uncheck the Renderable property.

Ironically, you hit on tomorrow's topic for my blog

good luck!
    The MATRIX has you
    www.2112fx.com :: there is no spoon

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    Ahhh, once again you have helped me, matrix. I really thought it was a dumb question, and that I just was making something wrong, that the biped wasnt supposed to be rendered. Actually I spent a heck of more time finding the answer then 5 minutes
    The selection set solution seems easy, but now that your speaking about layers, you have pushed me to undescovered land. Im I hitting the right direction by opening the "video post" window?
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Right-click on the main toolbar and select Layers. Personally, I find the current layer manager a bit cumbersome. I like the layering capability in Character Studio better.

good luck!
    The MATRIX has you
    www.2112fx.com :: there is no spoon