A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: New Animation Exchange

Originally posted by twindragon
    Bacon man that is a very cool flash cartoon. It reminds me of happy tree friends. I may have some questions concerning how you animate seeings as I am new at this.
    thanks
    sure, i'd be happy to (try ) and answer some questions you may have. though i'm still a beginer!

Welp, it's finally done. I finished my first cartoon! It will be a part of a web series based on my three friends and I. I will be making 4 episodes total about how each of the 4 characters remembers us meeting. This first episode is how we met according to my character. Sorry about the large file size. I hope you enjoy it and any comments would be terrific. Thanks!

"The Four Studs"

http://www20.brinkster.com/thefourstuds/toon.html

-Jason
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

lol, its finally done! cool cartoon funny too!

well done, cant wait to see more. keep it up.

not much (as i've been doing lots O' school work ) but a slight update of my new site. just that the font is now chosen (though i may change it) and a simple button animation, which i dont like, but cant think of anything else to do

http://www.cartoonfox.hostrocket.com/cartoonfoxv2.html

haha thanks fox!

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    Nice, bacon man.

I have been busy as well, but tonight I took time out of my schedule and whipped up this stupid animation for my "temp" site on DeviantArt.com...

SEE MY NEW LAME SIG

-pXw

Play - Live - Work - Enjoy

lol, willouby I like your new sig

Bacon, I like it when buttons either change colour or enlarge when you roll over them, just seems nicer. Maybe you should make a load of different buttons and get peeps to choose

Munkufust, you anim is loading but I'm off to cinema now so I'll watch it later and comment

- I made this!
    http://www.okkle.co.uk - creatures, art, animation and toys!
    Toilet Trumps

okay sounds good olly. Thanks for the help in advance.

hey guys!

haven't posted in here or looked at any posts (sry!) but I've been planning this anim project.... so far I've done a walking cycle (that turns into like a 360 and all kindsa other things) anim (just sketches, something like 75 frames) and then attempted at making another of a character running towards a wall. couild I post these and then see what u ppl think on the quality? because I was just going to make a general "skeleton" for this one character running at a wall, then the "camera" would turn as he jumps up, wall kicks (360 degrees) and then does a flip and lands, the glass wall/mirror shattering... and other stuff. I'm using a wooden mannequin to help with my modelling, do you guys reccomend anything else? like pre-made body parts and then animating them? this is all just for the structure stage. I was going to do frame-by frame for the final product. sorry this was a long and talkative post, once I finish up some homework I'll take a loook around what all's in here!

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Originally posted by Munkufust
    Welp, it's finally done. I finished my first cartoon! It will be a part of a web series based on my three friends and I. I will be making 4 episodes total about how each of the 4 characters remembers us meeting. This first episode is how we met according to my character. Sorry about the large file size. I hope you enjoy it and any comments would be terrific. Thanks!

"The Four Studs"

http://www20.brinkster.com/thefourstuds/toon.html

-Jason

cool work dude, where do you get such great ideas

Can't wait also for more updates

Originally posted by The_e-Tahn
    hey guys!

haven't posted in here or looked at any posts (sry!) but I've been planning this anim project.... so far I've done a walking cycle (that turns into like a 360 and all kindsa other things) anim (just sketches, something like 75 frames) and then attempted at making another of a character running towards a wall. couild I post these and then see what u ppl think on the quality? because I was just going to make a general "skeleton" for this one character running at a wall, then the "camera" would turn as he jumps up, wall kicks (360 degrees) and then does a flip and lands, the glass wall/mirror shattering... and other stuff. I'm using a wooden mannequin to help with my modelling, do you guys reccomend anything else? like pre-made body parts and then animating them? this is all just for the structure stage. I was going to do frame-by frame for the final product. sorry this was a long and talkative post, once I finish up some homework I'll take a loook around what all's in here!

Howdy e-tahn, long time no seeing you

great project can't wait to see it, now regarding the pre-modeled bodies, my only take against this is that file size will be huge, as most 3d modeleres do too many shades and polygons, but you can always edit the output or smoothen it out

now for human bodies, nothing beats poser, which then can be exported into a 3ds that will be imported by swift 3d to export to an .swf

hehehe sounds crazy

here's a schematic

Poser >> Swift 3d >> Flash content

or of course you can go directly with 3ds with the flash plugin and the character studio

or with Maya 4.0+ with the flash plugin

hope that helps

Munkufust that was great!
    Reminds me of south Park.

it also loaded pretty fast on my 56k considering all the music and animation!
    Nice work mang!

- I made this!
    http://www.okkle.co.uk - creatures, art, animation and toys!
    Toilet Trumps

hey thanks for the info; but what I meant was I'm not using any programs other than Flash, no 3D involved; just drawing all the frames out and then going from there. I am interested in 3D modelling though, so I'm sure your info will come in handy (did want to get a 3D flash program, but I'm not too great @ modelling)

http://www.tahnee.org/stuffupload.htm
    that has the links to the 2 anim things I've done so far; the first is a walk cycle (first one, I plan on working on others to get it down pat) and the second was what I was planning for the animation/movie thing, except it didn't give me the feeling that the character was really going fast and forward. (at the end of this the camera's supposed to rotate around the char and he kicks the "wall", but I did it too fast so it doesn't look good) wish I put playback controls on there but didn't, soooo any imput would be appreciated... haven't animated in Flash before! (also I know that if he was running forward he would get smaller, just haven't played with the sizing/skewing yet.) sry there's no preloaders!

Hey, nice work from all of you...

Posted this a while ago but thought it would go down well here...

Pencil Animation of girlfriend ducking to avoid frisbee (a black dot to give some meaning to the movement)
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

thank you very much olly! Yeah the characters look south parkish for sure haha. Thanks again.

Jason

@ e-tahn

Try importting cliparts from Microsoft Office, as most of them are already vector graphics, then you can break them apart and modify them to look like 3d graphics.

also I think Maya can be downloaded for free but it has some limitations, nothing in the application, but they put a silly watermark or something

maybe you can get the s/w you need on a student discount or so.

Originally posted by robbmcaulay
    Hey, nice work from all of you...

Posted this a while ago but thought it would go down well here...

Pencil Animation of girlfriend ducking to avoid frisbee (a black dot to give some meaning to the movement)
    Dude nothing worked??

It kept loading for over 45 minutes and I got bored and closed the browser window, I use Flash Player 7.0 btw, but that couldn't be the problem coz it's retro-compatible

It's quite a hefty animation...

Did the preloader not work?

Ah well... it's nothing too spectacular anyway...
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

robbmcaulay:

Worked for me...and so did the pre-loader.

Dangerous frisbees!

The_e-Tahn:

Very neat stuff...

-pXw

Well, since everyone seems to be doing a frame-by-frame, hand drawn animation, I decided to do one.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/3236807/

The girl was drawn frame by frame with my trusty tablet and the background elements (obviously not frame by frame) were done afterwards.

As always, I added a random element in the foreground.

See how many objects pass her by.

-pXw
    Last edited by WilloughbyJackson; 09-30-2003 at 02:19 AM.