A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Text Area - align right - is it a bug?

Text Area - align right - is it a bug?

Hi, i've got a text area called MyTextArea - it's dynamic, in the properties window i mark the "Render as html" button, and in the script: MyTextArea.text = "<p align='right'>" + someText + "</p>"

and the text area is still aligned to left.
    also: in the window properties i tried both to mark/unmark the button of align=right... still didn't work.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
    Maya.
    Maya Malimovka

they do have this new trend now with just using <left> and stuff.
    I'm a lil too tired to go try it. Hey- I saw a list of the supported html - cuase it's not ALL html.. just simple things. You might need to find that list of supported HTML on the MM site.

another thing? more thing is- doing html like that in the text areas doesnt work with embedding the font outlines..the text can't be manipulated by the tags..they're 'set in stone'..so to speak.

and why not just use the alignment settings on the whole text area? unless you're doing real documentary in 1 text area, that should be a solution.
    I saw Bill gates playing with Flash and he had an Oracle backend. I said "Why are you using Oracle and not Access or Ms SQL?" He was like "Phst- you think I want my website crashing?"

Thanks ! i already found the solution: the the script reffered to the text area via Instance name, when i changed to use the var field of the text area - it worked,
    Thanks again,
    Maya.
    Maya Malimovka