A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop Realism

This is all rather ridiculious.

prateek, your image is, well, I can't tell what it is. I'm just being honest and not trying to provoke further comments from you, but what is the green stuff there?
    It looks like slime.

And if those are curtains, there's something missing behind them. Where's whatever would go beneath them.

Lashing out at people who make honest comments is not necceseary, and it's childish. I mean, someone posts after you and points out how bad the edges of the (you say they're curtains) are and you come back with asking him where his stuff is. To make criticism doesn't require a person to show anything of theirs.
    The things you have said do nothing but invite criticism

But, in case it does to you, please point yourself to some of my work.

mg33

And fi
    The Atlantic Divide My band here in Chicago, USA. || We also exist here on myspace: myspace.com/theatlanticdivide

Originally posted by mg33
    This is all rather ridiculious.

prateek, your image is, well, I can't tell what it is. I'm just being honest and not trying to provoke further comments from you, but what is the green stuff there?
    It looks like slime.

And if those are curtains, there's something missing behind them. Where's whatever would go beneath them.

Lashing out at people who make honest comments is not necceseary, and it's childish. I mean, someone posts after you and points out how bad the edges of the (you say they're curtains) are and you come back with asking him where his stuff is. To make criticism doesn't require a person to show anything of theirs.
    The things you have said do nothing but invite criticism

But, in case it does to you, please point yourself to some of my work.

mg33

And fi
    What MG33 said. Very imature response from you Prateek. and I had no idea what your image was either.

If you can't take critisim for your good/phenominial work, you will NEVER work in this business....how do you think you will fare when you can't even take critisisim for bad work.

You going to tell your Marketing Director or your Client "Why don't you show me some of your work?"
    Sometimes....when it comes over me..... And I totally lose control......... I Like it.

www.visiontilt.com
    www.glamourdog.com
    www.caseyandcynthia.com

Linux + BeOS = ? ? ? ? ? ? connect2nikhil's Avatar
    Just logged in to flashkit from office, to find so many things.

Critisisms, etc.

This is for you Prateek, if you ask for comments, be prepared to take them. They might be good or bad or harsh but you need to take them as it was f/k you, who asked for it and we just give our honest comments.

This is for others, Know why prateek1 asks us for our samples.
    To Steal(copy) it.

He is still i his learning process, little kid.

He is unable to digest the whole critisism, prateek1 understand this "We wanted to help you out and you f/kin shout @ us."

Holla!
    To design is Human. To Flash is Divine.- Nikhil "NicK" Desai
    Anyone, who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty.
    Anyone, who continues learning stays young.
    The greatest thing in life is to keep learning and stay young. - Henry Ford

Hey, just dropped into this thread and found all this bickering... wtf? prateek1 my son, you have posted a picture and you have recieved quite possibly the most contructive criticm possible, then you reply with "i know about that" and continued to ask for a piece of work from connect2nikhil probly for the mere purpose of criticing to make youself feel better. And if you knew about the edges then why dont you fix them? On that note unless im mistaken I can't say that i ever saw connect2nikhil say that his image was "realism". Pull your act together mate.
    subgenius.com

Originally posted by prateek1
    do u now that there is a place called a school where u learn things why dont u pay a visit , ur first lesson will be A,B,C
    tell me when u complete kindergarten

best part.
    maybe.

man, i thought it was B,C,A......i must go back to kindergarden

anyway, a little constructive comment: the best comments you can get is BAD comments. Why? cause that is the only way to realize what's wrong and how to improve it. If everyone is telling you how nice and perfect your work is, then you'll never improve yourself and you'll never realize how bad your work is.

Now i'm leaving.

A,b,c
    a,b,c
    a,c,b
    b,a,c....dooh!
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

do u now that there is a place called a school where u learn things why dont u pay a visit , ur first lesson will be A,B,C
    tell me when u complete kindergarten
    Man....you're lucky!

At my school, they always complained about using punctuation and correct spelling. Think of the time I could have saved by knocking the k off of 'know' and spelling you and your without those stupid letters y and o! Damn

hey! Look.

Thanks pratz, i learnt this.

A 2 Z and also this, P R A T E E K 1 S E E M S T O B E A J E R K.

Hey! All you FK members out there,

I feel prateek1 is a schizophrenic (Person suffering from schizophrenia and schizophrenia is this Any of several psychotic disorders characterized by distortions of reality and disturbances of thought and language and withdrawal from social contact)

In medical teminology, we also call schizophrenia as dementia praecox.

So, This is for Prateek1, consult a DOC now.

All i want to say is dont "pre-suppose" thats not what the mind is meant for.

I am not in the designing business i take it as a hobby and i wanna be a designer when i grow up.

Critisize in a nice way like some other people did , and nikhil i am sorry for my behavior in the beggining. I was having a bad day , sorry again

Then tell me how this is
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now what do you want me to say?

Do u mean that the whole image was made by you or the handles that were given some look by using Filters.

If it is only handles, whats the whole idea behing putting special effects on handles.

First explain on which part of the image you expect the comment and This would help us in commenting a bit better.

As far as your previous post, you said that designing is your hobby and wish to make it your profession, when you grow up. All da best.

Never ever behave in an unethical manner. People here are helping you out to improve your skills and you just bronx cheer them, this is ridiculous and absurd. Change your swashbuckling style and learn to swallow the atrocious truth.

Glossary:
    Unethical = Not conforming to approved standards of social or professional behavior
    bronx cheer = A cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
    swashbuckling = Flamboyantly reckless and boastful behavior
    atrocious = Exceptionally bad or displeasing

Then tell me how this is
    I suppose the blue and silver is supposed to be a reflection of some sort? But what is it reflecting? Sometimes the most realistic and powerful imagery comes from the least of things. Don't over emphasize things that dont need it.
    maybe.

that image is allright. but like no-tec said, do something about the blue reflection.

I'd also change the flooring a little, it looks too much like a texture filter. If you made the floor like tile, and reflective, that could be nice, get some shadows from the cabinet.

mg33
    The Atlantic Divide My band here in Chicago, USA. || We also exist here on myspace: myspace.com/theatlanticdivide

"mg33.net::beatiful computer."

heads up: it's "beautiful" with a 'u'

maybe.

i meant the whole thing is made from scratch. And i flattened the floor , the table top wood layer , and the lower cabinet (bad mistake )! .So i cant change
    sorry
    but thanks for ur respose and i have got a couple more
    anyone interested to comment ?

No offence but if that first image was yours, their is no way that cabinet one was all made by you. plus the image was named "Handles" implying you only made the handles, which it looks like to me.

if you did make it however it looks good.
    maybe.

i did nt have time to comment on the image first time around....

i think what u have aimed at is very brave, i do think some of it shows merit

i like the way u are looking at how things reflect but u need to look at details, a few things the middle blob is standing up 2 me and kills the image also dont rely on filters some are ok but most are pants

the jack has more arms than the ones we have here (uk) and the lower right is fatter (so it looks nearer) and has a highlight on it when it should be a shadow

if i'm doing stuff with curtains and wood textures, either find a free stock image or take a digi photo and merge (distort for the wood in photoshop) that into the image or if u must draw it look at how curtains hang and how wood grain is..

also composition of an image, mb theme it we have a jack some water and a brass looking thing ?

i built the attatched years ago (3d) theres a beer puddle on the table between the cans, i dont like the image now but it has a theme

u should mb aim to tell a story within an image

also "draw what u see not what u know" as a great man once said to me

bp
    Attached Images Attached Images

That beer image looks mind bending !!! really nice
    Last edited by prateek1; 08-24-2003 at 06:46 AM.

how about seeing ur work
    lets see your creations if u have any
    this is the first thing you do when you get critizised.

i mean lighten up. when you post the boards be prepared for peoples honest opinions and criticism.

if you just want pets on the back then show your work to some close relatives.

*sense just realises he didn't read the second page in this thread.

u know u can say a sentence in many tones. U can say "let me see ur work " in an angry tone or in a friendly tone , i meant it in a friendly tone. The aurgument is over , stop talking about it