A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: digitalismo

digitalismo

just my cover. tell me what you think

www.digitalismo.net

I like the colorschemes. The 45 degree angles are sort of cliche however its fits that photograph perfectly.

Nicely done.
    Art imitates life and life imitates art. - Eric Jordan ( Founder of 2A)

don't understand the cliché thing... thx

Quite nice!

Is that a stock photo you've used? Like the masking of the gradients.
    Do you plan to keep the muted earth tone color scheme through out the entire site?

One last question...was it all done in PShop or did you bring the image into Illustrator for the vector stuff?

Just noticed that the image is a bit large for explorer with its toolbars active (at 800 x 600), are you planning to go full screen with this?

wowowowo!! lotsa questions!!!

1.the monkey is a stock photo and it is mentioned on the website, below it. (it says source: www.sxc.hu in very tiny font).
    2. i don't think so i'll maintain the palet. that is just a cover. but who nows?it may end it being like that ... i'm more into the coding now. design will come later
    3.all, including vector work and the white top monkey's hair (which i had to redraw) was made with photoshop. no other appz.
    4. didn't noticed it. it is rare to find 800x600 users, and if they visit the page they'll have to scroll (so they better change resolution ).
    5.I haven't thought of it yet. definately not fullscreen. i hate it. perhaps a centeres rectangle/and/or a strip from top to bottom (centered or left aligned).. dunno yet

cheers

I think it is very nice start. I like the graphic and the effects you have put into it. If the rest of the site is done the same way, should have a nice site. Looking forward to seeing more.

wd

I agree with you about full screen. Very intrusive!

I'm actually not on my machine. The system I viewed on is set up a little funky. Just noticed that the OS here doesn’t allow pop-ups to occupy all available screen, so ax my comment about fitting 800 x 600 cause I'm not sure that’s correct. Sorry!

Also, about the 45 degree lines being "cliche"; I think what mj-barton
    is trying to say is that this type of pattern fill is being used quite a bit. In my opinion, I think you've used it effectively. It serves the illustration; adding motion, and lending focus to your subject.