A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Drag N Drop [w/ too many objects]

Hybrid View

Drag N Drop [w/ too many objects]

Hi all,

I'm sprucing up a resource site I run for tackle making enthusiasts.
    Was wanting some insight on my next project.

I wanna make an animation that will allow my users to start with a blank fishing lure body & using the drag n drop technique, let them dress it with different paint schemes & patterns.

I can get this far I think, but I plan on offering ALOT of different patterns & was wondering if I could use dynamic scripting to change colors, or some other way to keep from having to load ALL the patterns in one movie.

I'm not afraid to explore on my own, but I lurk here often & see you guys are progressing so much more than I, even though I've owned this great program for years now

Thanks,
    Jerry

don't think so

I don't think you'll be able to do that.

Hmm not sure how I'd approach that one.

I see.....

I was toying around with the sample movie "painter"
    & had an idea.....

I was able to add more colors to the color choice "pallette", i noticed that the script handles the colors from each paint object on the "pallette" so the hex colors arent in the script itself, rather its in each color box on the palette.

Do you think it would be possible to add a masked layer over the drawing area that represents the shape of the lure, then use something similar to the color pallette to "Flood fill" the drawing area?.....if it could be done, it would work much the same way, since the color would only come thru the mask where it needs to be seen, ya know?

I tried it, but I think Im doing something wrong as usual.

hmm possibly. Except I don't know if you can mask a drawing object.

Have to try that. I'm not to up on the draw commands really. I did the original paint thing and Rob reworked it a bit before using it as an example