A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Site, Not Finished, Not Close, check please

New Site, Not Finished, Not Close, check please

I have a new site just started, however if the site sucks, continuing to work on it is just a waste of time. There is no sound yet, and the backgrounds are not the one's that i will be using (they are currently just for the experience). Critic it... Be nice please...

also the loading and splash aren't finished...

http://digitalatmosphere.net

The theme is disjointed. High-tech, but hung up on a wall in a picture frame by a nail?

hey. hey. a-hey-na-ney-na-hey D-von's Avatar
    very very good work

i like it a lot...
    i have only 2 suggestions...

1. make the way you scroll more obvoius... like make a big fake mouse some and click and scroll down or soemthing to make people really notice how that works..

2. make the text less blurry... you can do this by going into the text menu thing and under the static text optoins click "use system fonts" (or something close to that) that will make the fonts not anti-aliased...

other than that good work man

easy nav cool site thumbs up

Thanks D-von

To Gloomycus
    If I made more of both within the site would the juxtaposition work better?

I would have to agree with Gloomycus. The nail and string doesnt go with the whole high-tech metallic style. I mean that's just my personal opinion. I'm sure there is a way to make it work together but in this case i just dont see it. Also, the silver nav spheres seem kind of pixelated to me. Other than that I think it's pretty neat.

Thanks for the comments guys I'll see what i can do to make the site a little more congruent, and If you have any suggestions on the task, ideas and comments are always welcome... and thanks again.

changed the site a bit... tried to make the ideas work together better... might have made it worse.

Great job, but I am not enthusiastic of the scheme to pipes...

You didn't like the Scheme to pipes.... I'm not sure what that means...
    Is is that you don't like the pipes? or is the the fact that they just kind of appear
    as if from nowhere??? I thought about the last part myself. could you elaborate?