A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How much would you charge???

How much would you charge???

to program an already existing flash movie (a 10 question quiz) to route only the "passing results" to a database (ms access, etc) and have it so if you dont pass then your results let you know which answers you failed and prompts you to re-take the quiz??

if this is not a clear question let me know - it's quittin time here at work.

Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Are you just asking this for general information, or are you offering money for someone to do this for you?
    If the prior, read the "How much should I charge" sticky at the top of the Boardroom. If the latter, email me and I will quote you a price... or, of course, you can just wait for someone here to give you a quote.

Originally posted by JabezStone
    Are you just asking this for general information, or are you offering money for someone to do this for you?
    If the prior, read the "How much should I charge" sticky at the top of the Boardroom. If the latter, email me and I will quote you a price... or, of course, you can just wait for someone here to give you a quote.
    both. i am asking how much is a fair price for me to offer another person to do it and i am trying to find out how much work is involved so nobody over charges me - i assume this is a simple task most guys here at flashkit can do (i dont actionscript as much anymore)
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

"i'm" not charging anything.

i asked how much would "YOU" charge so i feel i am exempt from that link...

Thanks for clarifying, J.

Did you use the built-in quiz templates in Flash for this file, or your own actionscripting?
    If the former, then this will be an easier task. If not, the file will have to be dissected and "learned", then coded to do what you want with it. This could take some time.
    If the former, I am guessing about 4 hours of work and if the latter, between 8 and 12 hours. This, of course is just an estimate. Multiply those hours by the hourly rate, and you'll have a close answer. Other variables involved are the developer's overhead costs and whether or not your database already exists. If your quiz will be used a LOT, then database is best. If not, a flat file could work just fine.
    Best wishes on your project. If you would like me to quote this for you, email me. Otherwise, again, wait around and someone will help you out, I'm sure.

i have not even designed it yet because i still have to get more clarification on what needs to be done. i am estimating having it finished within two months....and thats only because the questions and answers have not been developed yet.

4 hours sounds reasonable to me. how much do developers usually charge per hour?? how do i send you an email through this message board or would you rather me send you an email through your website??

if anyone else is interested in this project please feel free to chime in...

even if this project could be done in four hours, i'd still probably charge a minimum of a thousand bucks, just to get the project going.

then of course if i had to do work with the database, that would naturally drive up the cost as well.