A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need help urgently..

Need help urgently..

hey guys!

this is how it works.. I have 2 pieces working together..

a flash one with a xml file. The flash piece saves the information to the xml file and the flash takes the info from there. My problem is when I upload this flash to the web, it works for about 2 days, everything normal, saving and everything. but after those 2 days it stops saving on the XML file.

So I think is a problem either with the flash piece or the xml. I need someone to help me with this. I can pay around $150 USD because my budget is small.

the flash piece is the one used at
    http://www.quizthem.com/quiz.html , if you one create a quiz to see what I mean. I really need this fixed.

let me know, so I can send it to you to take a look.
    msn: hackclut@hotmail.com
    Fun Flash Games - Looking to be sponsored? Pm me.

Hi mvcnet,

Flash can't directly update an XML file, so what are you using to update the XML? You need some kind of server-side script (eg ASP(.NET)/PHP/etc).

I get the impression you are just using Flash and an XML file, without script, so it never really works (although it may appear to). If the Flash isn't re-loaded, then it will still have it's updated XML in memory, as soon as you reload the page it would go back to how it was originally.

Please, give us more details.
    Tim Walters
    Senior Developer
    XML Evangelist
    "XML isn't a language, it's a way of life!"

hey

well I dont really need how this works since I dont know how to code any of them (flash or XML) , I need someone to take a look at the scripts (the flash piece and the XML).

The weirdest thing is that it saves for about 2 days and then it stops saving completely.
    Fun Flash Games - Looking to be sponsored? Pm me.

You can post the code here, as well as the XML and we'll see what we can do. It's best not to post the whole FLA as a general rule, but if you don't know what code to post then just ZIP it up and post it.
    Tim Walters
    Senior Developer
    XML Evangelist
    "XML isn't a language, it's a way of life!"