A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .fla VS .swf

.fla VS .swf

Please help, this is driving me insane!

I am perfectly happy with the Flash animation I have created.
    When I press enter and watch the animation, it works just as i intended.

However, when I hit "Test Movie" (Ctrl+Enter) and turn it into a movie (.swf) some of the fade ins and outs of text fail. The text just shows up plain.

I don't think I did anything wrong because I have made every single fade the same way, they all work within the flash player (.fla) when I go to frame one and press enter, and most of them work in the .swf as well - there are just a few that get screwed up and I can't think of any reason why.

HELP!

Thank you very much in advance,

- RanJuan

SWF is the published version of your movie and that is what you use to let people view it on the web.

When do I get the little pics?
    Try converting the text that is not fading to a graphic... I find that works for me. Although if it's text boxes I remember reading about that somewhere... I'll look for it for you...

Regards,

EDIT HAHA: I don't have to search for it anymore... THANKS oldnewbie!
    Last edited by 1beb; 09-01-2003 at 05:05 PM.
    Bertelsen
    1beb ²ºº³
    mrbertelsen AT hotmail DOT com

Banned
    If you're using dynamic text, the font must be manually embedded for the text to fade, tween or be masked.
    Select the textfield, and in it's properties, hit the Character tab, and select Embed All...
    Test your movie.

Thanks oldnewbie.

Turning the text that wasn't working to Dynamic and Embedding All seems to have worked.

I wonder why 80% of the Static Text I have fading in works and the 20% (the last scene of the animation) does not. I guess Static Text only works some of the time - is more error prone than Dynamic Text.

Anyways, thanks again!

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    If the file's library has 'Tween1' or 'Tween2' etc in it, it means that you have created a motion tween for the alpha effect (using symbols, lets not get into shape tweens to alpha color changes) that does not have the same symbol at either end of the tween.

This would export as a non-tween and you would not see any effect.

Just a thought.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by oldnewbie
    If you're using dynamic text, the font must be manually embedded for the text to fade, tween or be masked.
    Select the textfield, and in it's properties, hit the Character tab, and select Embed All...
    Test your movie.
    I know how this works, but I was wondering, what does "embedding" mean? Is it making fonts into graphics? Shouldn't this mean that if I embed "wing ding" fonts, it should show up, because it doesn't. =(

Banned
    What "wing ding" font have you not been able to embed?
    And did you embemd the font in a dynamic textfield?