A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: DVD flash project help...?

DVD flash project help...?

Hey

I am having a problem with flickering with this Flash dvd project I am making. I played around with the color settings in FCP and actually exported a DVD and burned it in DVD Studio pro....but I am still having problems with the flickers and also the type seems really eaten up ir blurry. Maybe I am not setting the right bitrate when exporting to MPEG 2 for the DVD...I exported it at a variable rate of 6.5 to 7.8

HEre's what I am actually making...its a online version and it's near what the DVD version looks like except for type is bigger....and some colors are different. The top left seems to be flickering the most.

http://www.onqtech.com/programs/publ...sscd_main.html

There's basically like 6 Flash movies which I exported from Flach MX as a quicktime and brought into FCP on different sequences.

Im at a loss....the flickering seems mainly at edges of shapes...and also I tested the DVD on multiple TVs and the edges are not totally straight on the sides...but it varies from TV to tv it seems.

There's basically like 6 Flash movies which I exported from Flach MX as a quicktime and brought into FCP on different sequences.

i know about the faq at Wildform, I have fixed the color issues in FCP but the flickering still happens.

I also have a broadcast preview monitor.

any help with his would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Faliol; 09-03-2003 at 03:39 PM.

There could be several problems. color will be an issue for any hi contrast stuff on all TV's (is this also on the DVD rom in your computer) flickering could be as simple as frame rate ? 25fps for PAL 29 for NTSC. Try rendering to AVI rather than QT might help.

your bit Rate seems fine and i doubt changing that would help.
    regards